Thread: 15x10 4 inch BS w/ 8.8?

Default 15x10 4 inch BS w/ 8.8?

Has anyone ran this backspace on a sn95? If so, would anyone know the wheel to wheel measurment, I am narrowing the rear in it now, i could wait for the rims to get here to get the measurement but i would like to know if anyone has done it and if you have pics of a 15x10 4 inch bs on a mustang, thanks.

My rear end is shortened 2" on each side and I ordered a 15x10 5.25BS I don't have them yet to take pictures tho, I believe my math was right so I guess Ill find out in a few weeks lol

You are obviously doing a mini-tub rt? I run a 6.5" back spacing on mine and with a 28x 10.50. They are really close on the inside

Why narrow it for a 15x10? you can fit a 325 tire on an sn95 with no trouble at all. unless your mini tubbing it to run a monster tire there isnt much point to narrow it unless you just want a big deep dish look. Mine was shortened 3/4 of an inch and i was running a 15x10 with 6" back spacing. with a 325 mickey thompson drag radial. which kind of matches cravens numbers because normal backspacing for a 15x10 is 6.5"s
    No More Projects

All I did was narrow it to get a 3.5 bs wheel. It's all finished now ill figure out how to put pics on here, it was on the Detroit race scene main page couple days ago

Quote Originally Posted by 87droptop View Post
    You are obviously doing a mini-tub rt? I run a 6.5" back spacing on mine and with a 28x 10.50. They are really close on the inside
    I wasn't planing on it Lol, I figured to have it shortened a few inches to help save on some weight and what not. It's bascules the same size as a fox rear end now

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMisfit View Post
    Why narrow it for a 15x10? you can fit a 325 tire on an sn95 with no trouble at all. unless your mini tubbing it to run a monster tire there isnt much point to narrow it unless you just want a big deep dish look. Mine was shortened 3/4 of an inch and i was running a 15x10 with 6" back spacing. with a 325 mickey thompson drag radial. which kind of matches cravens numbers because normal backspacing for a 15x10 is 6.5"s
    It was my frist time trying to figure out back spacing. I do want a big deep dish look. I don't have my wheels yet but was using a 15x10 bogart RT wheel and that has a 6.5 bs. When I put the wheel where it needed to be in the center of the the opening and had a 1.25 inch gap from the back of the wheel to the axle flang so I took 6.5-1.25=5.25 back spacing to work. Hope it turns out right cuz of the price of the rear rims costed me lol they where exspincive as hell lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cravens99 View Post
    It was my frist time trying to figure out back spacing. I do want a big deep dish look. I don't have my wheels yet but was using a 15x10 bogart RT wheel and that has a 6.5 bs. When I put the wheel where it needed to be in the center of the the opening and had a 1.25 inch gap from the back of the wheel to the axle flang so I took 6.5-1.25=5.25 back spacing to work. Hope it turns out right cuz of the price of the rear rims costed me lol they where exspincive as hell lol
    We'll my math worked out it fits nice
    Last edited by Cravens99; 10-17-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information