Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1984 vw gti

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
    Road & Track editor Larry Webster is selling his
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-c...volkswagen-gti
    I think Larry's is priced a bit too high, but these cars are definitely on the rise and becoming fairly rare and collectable, so I hope he gets close to his asking price for my sake LOL! I looked at several other cars in the $4-$5k range, and it seemed they all had over 150k miles with torn front seats and needed work. I was just lucky to find this car at a price that seemed fair to me for what it is. It needs a few minor mechanical repairs due to sitting for so long, but I plan to have it whipped into shape shortly.

A little high, sure. If it's a minty midwest car though, I could see it happening. I'm goddamn pissed that the BMW E30's are slowly creeping up in price. Everybody seems to want one, and goddamnit, so do I! You can spend $30k on a restored M3 these days. Fuck, I need to start saving my pennies...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP. View Post
    I had one of these little go carts back in the mid 90's and loved it, and have been looking for another one the last couple years for a summer toy. I found this clean '84 with 57k miles that had sat in a pole barn for 20 years and had to have it. It is rust free with nice original paint and flawless factory Recaro interior, sunroof, close ratio 5 speed, and a cool old school BAE turbo kit which was installed just after the original owner bought the car new.

Attachment 68687Attachment 68688Attachment 68689Attachment 68690Attachment 68691

Hey joe thats a really nice GTI congrats man ! I have a 83 gti along with 2- 87 GTI's and just aquired a 83 diesel rabbit too. A good place for vw replacement parts is Fap99.com. They are located in flint.

Quote Originally Posted by 306smalblk View Post
    Hey joe thats a really nice GTI congrats man ! I have a 83 gti along with 2- 87 GTI's and just aquired a 83 diesel rabbit too. A good place for vw replacement parts is Fap99.com. They are located in flint.
    Those diesel Rabbits get stupid good fuel mileage. A friend of mine bought one a couple years ago for $800 and has been driving the shit out of it since. All hes had to do was regular maintenance.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 306smalblk View Post
    Thanks Bruce, that website is great! Send me some pics of the GTI collection.

clean car. not a ton of those still on the road

oh man that looks awesome. I was half contemplating on getting an older gti to make into a roadcourse car. just something about the simple 80s and 90s cars that is awesome.

I haven't had any time to drive this yet, since it had a large exhaust leak where the turbo bolts to the exhaust manifold. I finished up the repairs today and finally got to do a little tuning, and I'm pretty impressed for not having an intercooler on the car. VERY fun to drive at 10 psi! Time to get the underhood area cleaned up a bit.

Last edited by JoeP.; 05-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.

I wonder how much boost she will take with an intercooler. The more I keep visiting this thread, the more I want some classic Kraut in the driveway
    '16 Fiesta ST

The same amount, just for a longer period of time (cut down the heat). Any idea how this is tuned?

Thread Information