Thread: New guy.

Default New guy.

Hey guys.

I figured I would join MM, I plan to spend this season driving my car as opposed to the last 5 where it was on jackstands.

I have an 01 Trans Am. I bought it bone stock(spend every dollar I had at 19), threw an STS kit on it, learned to tune, drove it for a couple months, in florida. Brought it back home and started one of those "builds that never end" went from H/C to a full blown build(454 LSX, LS7 topend, E85, lots of powdercoat, new interior, sound system, lots of tasteful custom touches) that took me 3.5 years. The build is well documented on LS1tech, under the same user name.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...-na-build.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance...ld-thread.html

I "finished" that and drove it a couple months last summer, put 1500 miles on it. It was an awesome car, hearing that 454 rev to 8000RPM was awesome, it pulled to 7600+ But I had so much money wrapped up in the engine, every noise I heard, I thought was the engine letting go. So I parted it out, and planned on putting a stock LQ4 in it for a nice daily driver...

I bought one of Ronnie Dukes old 7sec convertibles (just the chassis) to build into "something fierce". I wanted to build something that wasn't just a bunch of bolt on parts... 25.2 chassis, custom front suspension, 4 link, etc... but I have zero experience...

SO, things got out of control, and I decided to do a turbo build in my daily driver, rather than just an N/A build...

This got out of hand fast... Which I will focus on more in my build thread. LQ4+S475+E85

http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/s...5-Daily-Driver

Anyway. Lots of work to do still, but my goal is to have it done by the end of June, and take it up to St. Ignace, for those shenanigans... Then Ill be out every weekend trying to acclamate myself with the racing community... as I have been stuck in the garage for the past 5 years of my life.

Thanks guys.

Forum Member

You are an ambitious guy, I'm happy you'll be out on the streets showing off your handiwork soon.

Nice ride, Welcome.

Welcome! You got some badazz hardware flying around in that garage!
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Dang sounds like a serious setup. Bring that out to Woodward brah

Thanks guys, Its nothing special. Just a little stock longblock build. But yea, I can't wait to get out of the garage and finally make some events. Hopefully woodward/milan regularly.

Thread Information