Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Its no longer a monster truck!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo89gt View Post
    Really? So what are the terms on what is OK and NOT OK to modify? Anyone that has a FWD car is NOT allowed to modify their car? it MUST be V-8 RWD? People are not allowed to make their DD their own, and change the things they do not like about it? Not everyone wants to drive a muscle car everyday and either can not afford or chooses not to have two cars. Does this mean they are not ALLOWED to have fun with what they have? Who the hell are you to come here and say who SHOULD and SHOULDN'T modify their car?
    Hit a soft spot I see... it's all in fun man... relax. Modify anything you please, I just don't see the point in lowering a car that will be driven everyday on the street. If you like rough rides, bottoming out, scraping, replacing rims, etc.... more power to ya...

"Needs more low" looks good Jason. Is your rear window not tinted?
    Ryan, SALES AT SKINNY KID RACE CARS. Urdone4 racing

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    Hit a soft spot I see... it's all in fun man... relax. Modify anything you please, I just don't see the point in lowering a car that will be driven everyday on the street. If you like rough rides, bottoming out, scraping, replacing rims, etc.... more power to ya...
    - It rides rough because, I have the dampeners set to full stiff.
    -There is still 5" of ground clearance so, no bottoming out.
    - There is still 5" of ground clearance so, there is no scraping. I know a thing or two about scraping since, I've actually been low, not this mildly lifted 4x4 crap (it was a daily too).
    - I don't see how ride height makes wheels break...But ok.

Ride height of the last truck.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck-norris View Post
    "Needs more low" looks good Jason. Is your rear window not tinted?
    Its tinted, just not limo.

And, I agree.. About 6" of more low is needed.

If your not tucking tire your not doing it right imo
    Ryan, SALES AT SKINNY KID RACE CARS. Urdone4 racing

Quote Originally Posted by StockNotch View Post
    - I don't see how ride height makes wheels break...But ok.
    rough ride, low profile tires, big pot hole, cracked rim.. you've never seen this?

Forum Member

rough ride, low profile tires, big pot hole, cracked rim.. you've never seen this?
    I see it more with every day, non lowered, non low profile tire cars...

Its more a problem with the driver being blind, slow and, stupid if they hit a pot hole big enough to do that type of damage.

I saw a girl in a lowered Neon going down 13 mile in Madison Heights the other day.. it wasn't extremely lowered, probably about the same as you're at.. she was hitting every bump bouncing all over and looking at her it looked like her teeth were going to fall out. I couldn't drive anything lowered with the roads the way they are here in good ole Michigan.
    Mike

Hell, half the time I was driving my GTO I thought Id be missing teeth when I got home, and that was bone stock
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba View Post
    I saw a girl in a lowered Neon going down 13 mile in Madison Heights the other day.. it wasn't extremely lowered, probably about the same as you're at.. she was hitting every bump bouncing all over and looking at her it looked like her teeth were going to fall out. I couldn't drive anything lowered with the roads the way they are here in good ole Michigan.
    When I head back to the Detroit area, Ill put the dampers on full soft.. That's for sure.

I just dont see the point in buying a "weekend car" such as your camaro and driving it rain or shine as you stated above. If you cant afford a daily and weekend car you should just do as jason has done and get a decent daily and call it a day. Not that your junky Camaro is anything to brag about anyways.

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

Thread Information