Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Its no longer a monster truck!

Holy hell! 61k miles already?
    Looks good! I'd DD one of those.
    Especially averaging 32mpg
    Mike

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

72 almost 73k as of today, the majority of those were updates over the winter/spring.

Forum Member

Maybe these will work.

Car is looking good. I wish i would have bought an ST instead of leasing my charger. Nice car!

What does a motor mount do on these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    What does a motor mount do on these cars?
    I have an ST and put a motor mount on as well.....They are prone to terrible wheel hop due to the weak motor mounts. Typically if you replace the lower motor mount with a stiffer poly one it drastically reduces it. You can go further and replace all the trans and motor mounts, but for a DD its not really necessary. You will have to sacrifice some NVH inside the car with the stiffer one, but in my experience its not toooo bad!
    2013 Focus ST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo89gt View Post
    I have an ST and put a motor mount on as well.....They are prone to terrible wheel hop due to the weak motor mounts. Typically if you replace the lower motor mount with a stiffer poly one it drastically reduces it. You can go further and replace all the trans and motor mounts, but for a DD its not really necessary. You will have to sacrifice some NVH inside the car with the stiffer one, but in my experience its not toooo bad!
    Whoa, there is an option for all of the mounts now?! Send me info on them, last I looked ( granted, it was winter and no one really did much then) the options were the rear and, the upper passenger side mount.

To dive into it further on my car (being the slow non sporty model), it increased the responsiveness of anything throttle related. With the stock mount, the amount of time wasted with the engine rotating backwards was obscene. With just the Focus Electric mount, it was like a whole new car.

Update from today.
    2012 Focus-7304 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

2012 Focus-7301 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

2012 Focus-7296 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

2012 Focus-7293 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

2012 Focus-7292 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by StockNotch View Post
    Whoa, there is an option for all of the mounts now?! Send me info on them, last I looked ( granted, it was winter and no one really did much then) the options were the rear and, the upper passenger side mount.

To dive into it further on my car (being the slow non sporty model), it increased the responsiveness of anything throttle related. With the stock mount, the amount of time wasted with the engine rotating backwards was obscene. With just the Focus Electric mount, it was like a whole new car.

Update from today.
    Car looks great! And yes I agree the engine rotation is horrendous! The Focus electric is a great replacement because there is little to no NVH, and it does a great job of stiffening up the engine!

I went with Steeda, they make the whole mount set now http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/ford-focus-engine/

I am sure there are more also I am drawing a blank at the moment. I always prefer Steeda, because I used them a lot with my mustangs and they always did me well!
    2013 Focus ST

Those brakes are great! I love them!

I am not sure if the mounts are the same for both engines? I imagine at least some of them are, but I am not positive.
    2013 Focus ST

Forum Member

Thanks, I'll do some digging around for information. You would think, the same engine in the same car would mean the mounts are the same but, I know there was a clear clarification that x mount was made only for the non-ST cars.

Thread Information