Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I May Be Crazy...

Yes. Let's see, I got the car back together. I ended up having to get the window retinted so it matched. Then I went and got the car repinstriped.

The new to me radio was installed with few issues. Today I ordered a Focal Solid2 amp, 100 feet of speaker wire, and 5 feet each of 8 gauge power and ground wire. I'm going to be installing a digital sound processor and going fully active with my system. Look out world.
    DeFormula got to listen to the current for a bit at the Dream Cruise. Given the look on his face, I'd say it's sounding pretty good now.
    Last edited by littlemissGTO; 08-21-2013 at 04:40 PM.

So the new amp showed up today. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything installed Wednesday and start the tuning process Thursday. I'm surprised and happy with the size of the amp. It should be somewhat easy to hid. Here are some photos of the amp.

Here's a short clip of Pink Floyd's Money playing tonight. I've still got more adjustments to make, but man the car sounds even better than it did while I was in Detroit.
    http://s86.photobucket.com/user/litt...95dab.mp4.html
    Last edited by littlemissGTO; 08-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Club Member

I was stunned at the sound! I have never heard a better system in a car.

Im so glad i got away from the whole audio thing,.

Thanks to a friend and is excellent woodworking skills, I have new speaker mounts in the car.

I spent today installing the speaker mounts and swapping out RCAs, so I didn't get much tuning done. Oh I also took some measurements for T/A so I can start working on that tomorrow. I also discovered that my sub is happier with the RCAs flipped around. I don't know why, and I'm not going to question that too much because it sounds great now. I was seriously considering going a different route, but now I'll give it a chance.

Wow, I've been a bit remiss in updating this thread. I've since swapped out the JBL sub for a Ground Zero Hydrogen sub.

I've also discovered that I absolutely do not like where the amps are now, so it's time for an amp upgrade. Instead of running the Focal Solid 2, Alpine PDX-F4, and the Alpine PDX-M6 I'll be running one Ground Zero Uranium 4.150 amp and one Ground Zero Uranium 2.250. The four channel amp will power the front stage and the two channel amp will power the sub. I'll have the two channel amp later this week, and will get started on the install as soon as it shows up.
    Here are a few photos of the 4 channel amp:

Last night I picked up a new processor. Now I've gotta find some RCAs. It never ends I tell ya.

And just a few minutes ago my mail lady showed up with my two channel amp.

Hopefully later today I'll get my amp rack laid out and get started on the install tomorrow.

Today I picked up a piece of 1/2" pine to use as a temporary amp rack. Now you may ask yourself, why is she building a temporary amp rack? Well, I'm moving to Detroit in about 18 days, and I'm not driving 8 hours with only the mids and sub working. I'm sending the processor that's giving me a fit to someone for some testing to see if they can find the source of my issues. Not to mention I'll have access to a machine shop as well as a wood shop once I get settled, so a new am rack design will happen.
    Right now the plan is to run all of the wiring behind the rack so that it's hidden. I'm waiting for a power/ground distribution block to show up so I can finish the layout and drill the last of the holes for wiring. Then I'll paint the temp rack black so that it doesn't stand out so much in the trunk. I can't wait to hear the new set up.

The woodgrain does add a little flair!!!! Stain and appreciate!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information