Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redoing My Rear Suspension, Need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
    You'll have to pick one or the other. Lowered stance or a car that works at the strip. Unless you can figure out Carlos Sobrino's secret from Dave Z. When my car went from street to strip it gained altitude. Like JDubb said, why re-invent the wheel, I believe it would have been addressed in the aftermarket world were there a demand for such. You have to sit back and think why you are trying to do the EXACT opposite of what the tried-and-trued Team Z relocated uppers accomplish.
    Quoted for truth. THere has to be an issue with your measurements or math. You are the only person who i have seen needing to do the adjustments you are. also, you can do a lowered ride height and make the car work, you just first need to know how low you want to go. if going low enough you maintain the upper location and geometry and start moving the lower around. Dave (Team Z) also makes a set up to lower the mounting point of the lower at teh axle point. HIs company has multiple stock mounting point/spring location cars running 1.1X 60' times with no real coil overs, or modified pick up points besides his relocated uppers. As others have said, dont reinvent the wheel. (respectively speaking)
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

For what its worth, my car had the Mega Byte lowers on it and to make it work without pushing up the rear at launch i lowered the car alot to get the geometry right. I had no issues running 1.40 60' on a junk motor. I had the car low enough to make the lower arm almost level with the ground with it bolted to the lower hole.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Thread Information