Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 275,000 and still going

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Did you post that over on Garage Journal as well?
    Yep

Yes
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I would love to find me a f-150 300I6 truck. Keep her going. Pics of truck!
    Past Toys: 88 Dakota SE / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby Shadow CSX-T / 95 Taurus SHO / 92 Capri XR2 / 86 Mustang GT.

Current Ride: 2018 Ford Focus SEL Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    All of my issues were pre-consumption, but they definitely lead to consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fastforU92 View Post
    I would love to find me a f-150 300I6 truck. Keep her going. Pics of truck!
    scroll thru the pirst page of posts

6/8/2016 315k, and it appears the head gasket has called it quits , truck is seeping water at the very front of motor above water pump, its not getting into the oil or combustion chamber. also appears there was some "stop leak" in truck since i bought it, now trying to decide if i pull the head for a gasket, or just reinstall stop leak and drive,

leak didnt appear till i flushed the hell out of the cooling system for a water pump change, truck still runs perfect has great power , just has a drip from the "leak"
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Oh no
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

im not sure what to do, all brakes are new, tires are new, just replaced the ball joint and steering , drives great down the road,

im just not sure i want to tear the top off for a headgasket ,

what do you have to lose at this point try some stop leak. it don't work then you have to replace the gasket and do it right.

Try the blue devil head gasket or block sealer, shits kick ass. I got an extra 40k out of a car using that stuff. It's a lil costly at about $50 a bottle but that's cheaper than a head gasket job. Also I followed the directions and then let the car sit over night and had no issues after.

There is this guy named Murray who holds a big party ever year for the Dream Cruise down at his six stall garage in Royal Oak. One of the events is running a motor dry, and then there is a betting pool to see how long before it lets go. One year they used one of those Ford sixes and it ran so long they ended up shutting it off and raffling the money instead. Last I heard some bought it and put it in his van and it is still running. They started pouring water in the crankcase after draining it now to ensure they get a windowed block and a winner!

-Geoff
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 06-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Try the blue devil head gasket or block sealer, shits kick ass. I got an extra 40k out of a car using that stuff. It's a lil costly at about $50 a bottle but that's cheaper than a head gasket job. Also I followed the directions and then let the car sit over night and had no issues after.
    ive been reading about that stuff all day, I think im going to give it a shot,

pedro is too young to die

Thread Information