Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foxbody K member

Like others have said, go see Dave at Team Z! You wont be disappointed and his parts are top notch......Bring Cash and you will be all set.

Npw Im hoping he is open on the saturdays, or at least later during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by My1969boss View Post
    ya thats whats i figured. lol. another thing ive been wondering. how well do coil overs work on the street? and how do i convert all that over?
    I'm running Maximum Motorsports coil overs on my street car. They have been great. I used their kit with Bilstein non-adjustable struts. Go to their website for the install instructions and a list of other stuff you will need. VERY informative!
    There are lots of guys on here running Team Z on street cars. I felt that their stuff is fine for straight-line or street. Do you plan to auto-x or open track it?
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

No I don't plan on auto-x. Just want to be able to trust this driving to Florida and what not. I'm hoping someone can chime in and let me know

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

if your going to street drive it alot just leave the stock k frame in it. put some good adjustable struts on it and get some good rear suspension. like team z's street kit. I dont really have any plans to take my k frame out of my street car no real point to it.
    No More Projects

Ya i could, im just wanting to put it in for future plans down the road. figured do it once and be done

Quote Originally Posted by My1969boss View Post
    Ya i could, im just wanting to put it in for future plans down the road. figured do it once and be done
    The K-member will improve your chassis and handling; especially if you pair it with some tube A-arms and coil-overs. I have a UPR set in my car. It fit well and works nice. I don't autocross my car but I did want it to handle better. It was a big improvement. The only complaint I did have with UPR was their coating and customer service. The K-member that is in my car is actually the second one I received. The first one they sent had all kinds of smudges and finger prints in the coating. It looked terrible. I had to fight to get them to take it back and send me another one. They actually asked me "If it was a show car?" It isn't but that shouldn't matter.

Probably the best upgrade you can do to improve your handling is to tie the frame. Have you done that yet? If not that is the first thing I would suggest; especially if your car is a convertible.

Tying the frame and adding a strut tower brace are the first 2 things you should do to a Fox body.
    Put the money you would spend on a K-Member into better quality struts, shocks, CC plates, and coil-overs. One of the best mods I have done to mine was the Panhard bar out back. Worth every dime. It REALLY stabilizes the car. Launch is better. Turn-in is better. It's much more stable through the apex. Corner exit is better. Can you tell I think it's worth it?
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Quote Originally Posted by 2MANYMUSTANGS View Post
    Probably the best upgrade you can do to improve your handling is to tie the frame. Have you done that yet? If not that is the first thing I would suggest; especially if your car is a convertible.
    Yes the car is tied together. 6 pt cage. hope it helps from twisting.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OldbutNew View Post
    Tying the frame and adding a strut tower brace are the first 2 things you should do to a Fox body.
    Put the money you would spend on a K-Member into better quality struts, shocks, CC plates, and coil-overs. One of the best mods I have done to mine was the Panhard bar out back. Worth every dime. It REALLY stabilizes the car. Launch is better. Turn-in is better. It's much more stable through the apex. Corner exit is better. Can you tell I think it's worth it?
    I just got done ordering a bunch of parts. Coil overs, cc plates, turbo kit, gaskets....

Ive actually been waiting to order the turbo kit.. was at work today and got an email from paypal saying thanks for order, so i clicked on it to see what it was(figured it was junk), and there it pops up On3 Turbo kit was ordered. Call the wife to see whats up, all she says is "Figured you wouldnt do it, So i did!"

Gotta love her. so i get home and order a bunch more stuff.

Thread Information