Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos From Poland

Default Photos From Poland

My wife and I moved to Poland for work back in October. We'll be here for the next 2-3 years, perhaps longer. I have been capturing random photos and wanted to start a collection here that I will add to from time to time. Some will be car stuff but it'll probably be a big mashup of stuff we see and do. Mostly cell phone shots but will get around to putting up some from my Nikon after a while.

I'll add some editorial comments here and there.

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Racing 100 - Comes out to about $8.00 a gallon right now. Regular is about $.50 less.

Guy was hauling some wood and a hatchet on his bike... This is in quite eastern Poland.

Saw this at a local grocery store.

1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    We have become a country afraid to celebrate our American pride because the immigrants and whiners that complain. We as a nation should embrace our country. Those that don't like it GET THE F*CK OUT!

A hotel I stay at occasionally in the village of Wierzchowiska. It's basically a 12 room mansion, I think it used to be an old schoolhouse close to 100 years ago.

Texting and driving at the local mall.

New BMW X5 release party at the local dealer.

Downtown Katowice

Breakfast in the square in Krakow

My father in law collects knives and was visiting (from Haslett) so I found a hole-in-the-wall place to take him to

Picked this 2013 M135i up in October last year. Bought it slightly used. What's funny is that around here you can basically rule the streets with one of these.

For some reason BMW won't sell these in the US, but any time now there will be a similar drivetrain car available in the US in coupe form called the M235i. The utility of the car is pretty high and it holds a car seat in the back fairly well, but overall the car is kind of ugly. It's growing on me a little bit though.

It's moderately optioned, has Xdrive, the 8 speed auto and adaptive M suspension. Also several other smaller options like the adaptive headlights, professional nav and Polski Pakiet Plus. No leather or sunroof.

Not much planned for this car, probably a JB4 is in its future as the power/performance gains for the dollar are hard to beat.

Here's a few photos I took a while back. It's hard to keep it clean here.

Parked it with the rest of the Eurotrash.

Bad Ass......I dig the car....I'm from Macedonia---Pretty much looks the same as Poland.....

The 2013 M135i reminds me of the z3 and a roadster that got a dose of the fat pill.
    Cool pix

Thanks for the pics. Fun to see other places in the day to day settings. I like that Bimmer too.

Here's a shot of the Mayor's office. When you move to Poland, plan ahead on spending a lot of time at city hall and here or the local equivalent submitting paperwork. The total amount of paperwork required for residency permission, identification and work permission is incredible.

Saw this guy at a rest stop along the highway one morning. It's hard to see, but it's an old Polish motorcycle that looked ancient. He wasn't driving it on the highway, but was on some back road that parallels the route to Krakow.

Car in the garage

My garage build. I bought the cheap shelf at Ikea last week and put it together in about 15 minutes. Since we only had an air shipment for the move, none of my garage stuff made the trip and I brought some of what you see on the shelf. I also brought a tool box about the size of a loaf of bread with the basics in it. It's against the rules of the apartment to wash the car on the property - not sure how I would as I've never seen a hose or hose connection, so i go to the local car wash down the street. I have to be careful about acquiring stuff while I'm here as I won't have any way to bring it all back with me.

Here's what the coin operated car wash control near my apartment looks like. Has spray soap, foam brush, normal rinse, spray wax and spot free rinse.

Very interesting. Like the travel channel but no hot woman hostess... Enjoy!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Club Member

This thread is worthless without pics of polishis hotties.

I'm not 100% sure but it might be illegal to wash cars outside without special drainage in all of Poland and not just at your apartment. Thank the EU;-)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thread Information