Thread: Help with 2007 Ford Fusion wheel bearing

Question Help with 2007 Ford Fusion wheel bearing

Hi I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE that is making a really bad rumbling sound from the passenger side that gets worse the faster I go I had a mechanic look at it and they said it was the wheel bearing well they wanted to charge me $400.00 to replace one side and so far it looks like it the same price every where so my question is if I have some one out it in for me that has been working on cars all their lives but has never done this to my model car then is it worth it and how exactly are they suppose to do it because I know the bearings have to be pressed in and that's why they said it cost so much please help I need it if you have any information please feel free to email even with questions thank you so much!!!!

Kasie,
    Go and ask someone at a local parts store for some help. Most auto parts stores will pull up the repair guide for you. They should be able to press the bearings for you. Some even have a loaner policy for special tools.
    It sounds to me like you don't have a lot of mechanical experience. Once you look over the repair procedure and see what BASIC tools you will need, if you're not 100% comfortable with doing it yourself, DON'T. You do NOT want to put yourself in a position where your car is apart and you're not able to put it back together!!
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Very good advice

If you were around here I'd help you out

Sent from my SCH-I545
    ASE Master Certified Technician

If your in the Livonia area I work in the machine shop at Mid-5 and press between 5-10 Hub bearings a day on a slow day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pressing is only $30 at the shop to. Not expensive at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gives you an idea, he obviously skipped removing the brakes, etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8grIP_zCDg

I like how clean those parts are, must be in the south. Everything I tend to get in is caked with road grime.

Thread Information