Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: setting up front coil overs and CC plates..new to this side of things

Default setting up front coil overs and CC plates..new to this side of things

so i am at the point that i need to get everything set up for an alignment but i need to set my coil over height first and try to get the CC plates alot closer then they are.

coil over question- How are you guys determining how far to set your spring lock nuts on your coil overs? is there an artical that someone could direct me to to understand the differences in adjustment and how they affect the car from a drag car stand point?

CC plates/ alignment question- Who do you recommend downriver to handle the alignment and how much should i expect to pay? will the alignment need to be done every time i make an adjustment? best way to put a rough alignment on it for the shop?

Thank you to everyone in advance!

I measured from the bottom of the spring to the end of the coil over sleeve that contacts the strut. If your car is driveable, there's a chance I could do it at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 24ft enclosed now if i need to make something happen.

as far as the messurment goes, what should i set it at and how does the up and down affect launch.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouspete View Post
    i have a 24ft enclosed now if i need to make something happen.

as far as the messurment goes, what should i set it at and how does the up and down affect launch.
    Depends on your spring rate and height but it basically just adjusts ride height.

Set the height to what you want the car to sit. EYe ball the C C plates and alignment. Take it to Matt Paul at Belle Tire. I forget which one he is at, but he does alot of race car stuff. Theres no science to any of it. As far as making adjustments down the road, as long as you dont get carried away you won't affect much.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Billydroveit View Post
    Set the height to what you want the car to sit. EYe ball the C C plates and alignment. Take it to Matt Paul at Belle Tire. I forget which one he is at, but he does alot of race car stuff. Theres no science to any of it. As far as making adjustments down the road, as long as you dont get carried away you won't affect much.
    Yeeeep.

but lets say i want to make sure if she goes to the bumper, i don't wanna smash the pan on the landing...set her real high? lol...not that my cars gonna cuz shes slow...im just being overly protective,

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouspete View Post
    but lets say i want to make sure if she goes to the bumper, i don't wanna smash the pan on the landing...set her real high? lol...not that my cars gonna cuz shes slow...im just being overly protective,
    Stock ride height?

and it should be good enough?

I think you have other motor tuning things to worry about before you have to worry about going on the bumper. Is'nt this motor and turbo fresh and not tested yet?

Thread Information