Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Project Mustang II

Nice find. I had one back in the early 90's. Gawd I miss that car. It was my dd during college. It looked like a P.O.S, but it was basically a paint job away from being a decent car. When I finally sent car for paint and cage, I get notified that the body had to much hidden issues was not work putting back together, and should look for a new body. At that time, the fox body racing was big and the mustang II was not allowed, and I kinda got talked into switching to the fox body.

Mine had a 351w, c4, Lincoln 9" w/disc brakes, 3.70 gear. Ran 15x8.5 and 15x3.5 centerlines, and the max tire I could fit in the stock wheel wells were 26x10 sportsman pros which is about equal to 26x8 slick.

On a side note, Depending on what your plans are with it, you can get some awesome headers for it. I'd recommend checking out Hedman Hustler headers. Only issue with them, is all 8 tubes run under the rack and cross member, and may be an issue if you want to lower the car. Oh, and you have to run a motor plate, but that was more of a plus, the headers are super easy to install and remove. Plugs are easy to access. The motor plate from Hedman has rubber isolators. Another good thing about this, you have more options for engine combinations. Hedman makes mustang II headers for 302, 302 Boss, 351w, and 351c and range from 1-5/8 for the 302 to 2-1/4 for the Boss 302. You also have to run a remote oil filter, which you can position the oil filter in a location that's easy to access and less messy for oil changes. Plus its easy to add a oil cooler if desired.

Unfortunately I have no good photos of it, other then this crappy pic I copied from a video.

This a pic of a friends that ran a Boss 302 engine.

Last edited by Strlegal; 10-16-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Thread Information