Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shock choices?

I run strange 10 ways on all 4. Adjustability is niiiiiice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIII93 View Post
    I run strange 10 ways on all 4. Adjustability is niiiiiice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2....i broke the transmission before i got to really try her out...but its commin haha

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    i use Konis on my other vehicles with great success, however, this one is unique in ride height and not stock. Anything I want will not utilize stock ride height/travel specs. That was the main reasoning for the 7602s. They were 1.5" shorter extended and collapsed which matched the new ride height.
    Problem I often run into with these types of 'projects' are retail road blocks with poor search functions.
    Finding that part number took a long time and anyone I asked that sold parts gave me that glazed over look when I asked them for help.

I'd give them the stock shock part #, then ask for a shock that somewhat matched the mounting points but must be 1.5" shorter or very close and x2 more aggressive performance ability.

- glazed over look happens-
    Get a hold of Reiko for prices. He beats most competitors and and is local (8 & Dequindre).
    Mike

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bilste...hpoaAmQq8P8HAQ

Hard to tell what your original shock was for lengths, but there are several options out on Speedway's sight. I'll tell you though a lot of those shocks are relatively stiff in compression and rebound. Also look into 77-96 GM B-car shocks. If you look for Monroe severe duty, you get cop car damping, but even the stiffest of them don't feel as good as the Billy's. On my 79 I actually went the other way and got the shittiest shocks I could find for drag. I fit some shocks off a 80's V6 GBody, and got a lot better load transfer to the rear. Almost pulled a front tire

I'm a big fan of Bilsteins though, I have never had a set I didn't like.
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Thanks Mike!

The tech support with speedway motors seems good so far. They are working with me in potentially identifying a resolution for shocks that might be accurate to my needs.

Thread Information