Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shock choices?

Default shock choices?

Currently usingSUM-G7602 for shocks, and would like something with at least 25% more absorption (stiffer) and better reaction if possible. As long as price is comparable and it has a stud top bushing eyelet lower I can make it work.
    Additionally, it can be shorter in length but not longer. Body dia doesn't matter too much.

Any suggestions?

Is this for what it lists; Front drag shock for a Mopar? Or are you doing other stuff with the car?
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Other stuff with the vehicle. Kind of an experiment, but one of those hodgepodge kinds.

Bilsteins. Not cheap but are magic under the car.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

For the price of the Bils I could go qa1s, but then I could go half that if I select a coilover shock. Tumble effect, so I am just trying to stay within a sub $50 each a shock that's more robust than the SUM-G7602 shocks. If the 7602s had a better ability to control impact they would be fine I would assume, but after wasting my time talking with a summit rep, all they wanted to do is sell $150 each shocks.

Bilsteins are the holy grail of shocks. I am like you... can't see spending $600 on a set. But i've bought a few cars that already had them installed and they were the best as far as ride/handling/stiffness.
    Mike

i use Konis on my other vehicles with great success, however, this one is unique in ride height and not stock. Anything I want will not utilize stock ride height/travel specs. That was the main reasoning for the 7602s. They were 1.5" shorter extended and collapsed which matched the new ride height.
    Problem I often run into with these types of 'projects' are retail road blocks with poor search functions.
    Finding that part number took a long time and anyone I asked that sold parts gave me that glazed over look when I asked them for help.

I'd give them the stock shock part #, then ask for a shock that somewhat matched the mounting points but must be 1.5" shorter or very close and x2 more aggressive performance ability.

- glazed over look happens-

i just put the strange 10 way adjustables on my car. i like them so far.

Big baller lol

what do u mean...the rears are like 80$ each...thats not even bad for what your getting.

Thread Information