Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More on the 2015 Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    I'm guessing with the way Ford responded to questions about Fuel Economy it's going to suck. It'll also be interesting to see how it compares to 2015 models of their competitors. This is a Ford announcement, so I take more from what isn't listed than what is. Didn't talk Fuel and didn't talk where in the power band the power hits. I realize some of the competitors don't have their data out there, but there's enough that they could match up to 2015's to see a comparison. Ford also doesn't make any claim to be SAE J2807 for towing capacity. It appears Ford is the only one who hasn't conformed to that standard. So I take all their data on towing with a grain of salt
    The way Ford does announcements, is that they they squeeze every last drop of blood from the rock before the product debuts. They did this with the Focus, are doing it with the Mustang and now with the F150. They don't want to blow their wad for one news cycle, they want to keep putting things out to "earn media". Most likely the final calibrations are being tweaked for the EPA numbers and they will be announced just before, or at the long lead press event in August.

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Just going by the way they responded, I wouldn't hold my breath. Their rep basically said "We can't be the best in everything, so we don't have any information on fuel economy".
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Who buys a full size pickup for fuel economy?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
    The way Ford does announcements, is that they they squeeze every last drop of blood from the rock before the product debuts. They did this with the Focus, are doing it with the Mustang and now with the F150. They don't want to blow their wad for one news cycle, they want to keep putting things out to "earn media". Most likely the final calibrations are being tweaked for the EPA numbers and they will be announced just before, or at the long lead press event in August.
    Correct
    ASE Master Certified Technician

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Who buys a full size pickup for fuel economy?!
    Plenty are concerned with it. Doens't mean it'll be the primary factor, but if you're on the fence and the Ford gets 15 CMPG and the RAM is 22 CMPG you may see that as an advantage.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Thread Information