Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokooler's Foxbody

Gaskets---Depend on what your going to do.....If you plan on spraying it or anything like that in the future, mite as well shoot for a set of MLS head gaskets...if your just gonna run it N/A, then run stock stuff.

Gunking the underside of the car----you can, yes. but it will most likely take some rags and a gallon of purple power after you gunk it to get her looking good again.(depending how bad the car is under.)

Thanks nitrouspete!!

I'm not 100% sure if I want to spray it next year.. I guess I'll figure that out in the next day or so, when I pick up my heads.

The underside is pretty bad, I'll pick up some purplepower as well!!

Not a lot of progress, still waiting on my heads. Took out the t5 for the first time by myself, for 130lb me.. it wasn't fun lol!! Gunked the T5, didn't get a chance to look at my clutch.

Progress today.

The 302 is out, on the engine stand!!! My brother said we should probably look at the bearings, so we did. 2 rod bearings had deep grooves, and a main bearing + copper showing as well.
    And I managed to drop my rod nut into the cam valley!! Go me!

To be honest.. This 302 ran, but I'd rather take the chance of another 302 than wait for it to be machined. This just means I'll be getting quarterhorse...

since your so early, id start looking for a 351w. can put down bigger numbers, the engine can handle more, and its more reliable in my opinion. all your parts should fit to other then the intake and headers.

I've thought about 351w .. but I want a 302w right now. The 302 has been reliable for me and I'm looking for 300whp, maybe touch it with a 100shot when I get greedy. Until my buddy gets his 350 camaro running and straightened out, I won't worry about making more power.

To be honest, if I would have gotten my ass around this spring and got this far, I would have went 5.3L. I'll post up some pictures tonight of the bearings, probably pick up an explorer engine this week.

i hear ya.

if you do not find an engine....i have a car that should be comming my way in the next two weeks. we will be pulling the 5.0 out of it. you could hear it run and ride in the car before we pull it if ur looking for a complete engine. shoot me PM with ur number and will see what my buddy is wanting from the engine.

With all of that oil on the underside it won't rust.
    Mike

Thanks Pete! But I found a local engine that I am picking up tomorrow.

BigWheelin, I cannot describe how much oil is under my car ... 8 years from now it won't need floorboards, that's for sure!!!

sounds good buddy!

let us know if you need anything.

Thread Information