Thread: New norwegian Car-movie

Default New norwegian Car-movie

On the 13th of august there will be a premiere of a new norwegian car movie. The first since The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix.

It's a little inspired by Cannonball Run and is about an illegal streetrace fron Tyrigrava(Just outside of Oslo) to Nordkapp.
    Main character drives a 67 Mustang that is used (by the real owner) in dragraces and has won the Street Legal series many years in row.
    The real owner of the Mustang runs a parts store for (mostly) Mustangs, and other american muscle cars called Pony Parts(www.ponyparts.no), and
    has been involved in the movie from the start with getting cars for the movie. A big part of the norwegian car community has been lending out cars to the movie.
    The cars in the movie includes among others; Plymouth Cuda, Dodge Viper, Mustangs(various models from old to new), the 1400hp Trans Am I have another thread on here, Corvette, Toyota GT86(driven by Fredrik Aasbų in the stunts), Ford Sierra Cosworth, Camaro, BMW M3, Porsche Cayenne, Ferrari, Ford GT and many others.

And since this is the video part here is the trailer of the movie. But just so you know; they (of course) speak norwegian in the movie, but they made a versoin of the trailer with english subtitles for those of you able to stand them.

If there is interest I can also post some behind the scenes also, but those are without subtitles(Nowegian speech only)

Post 'em up!
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    We have become a country afraid to celebrate our American pride because the immigrants and whiners that complain. We as a nation should embrace our country. Those that don't like it GET THE F*CK OUT!

Badass selection of cars! The only problem I can see with the subtitles is that there is so much action going on, it's hard to focus on both the action and the subtitles. Thank you for posting!

Chris

Saw the movie last night, and if it was out in the US I would recommend it.
    Even if it had some things that bugged me. The scenes with cgi was glaringly obvious, and they drive on one road,
    when suddenly they are at a place on a completely different road for one scene.
    And again drives past the same place when they are supposed to be about 1000km away.

Still it was a movie I would happily see one more time.

One of the stuntdrivers in the movie was Frederic Aasbo for those who follow drifting.

The movie is now out in Norway on DVD and Blu Ray with english subtitles.
    It has now been seen by almost 400 000 in the cinema.
    They were using cars lisenced for racing under the filming, and that meant they could drive under racingregulations when they closed the roads.
    So when you see them driving in high speed, they really drive that fast. In some of the last scenes of the movie the black Trans Am were driven as fast as 300 km/h.

And they are working on a sequel now, they are almost finished with the scrip, and it will be a winter film.

Thread Information