Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: been working slowly on this toy 2004 Denali xl

Is that a oe front bumper or aftermarket? Have any front end parts left over? I ask because I need to buy some front end parts (less fenders & hood) for a 2001 tahoe. Since I have to buy new (cant seem to find used) I was going to buy denali parts.

I don't know if you're aware of the slight differences in the Chevy vs. GMC front ends, Rich? Just giving a heads up so you don't mix match any parts.

Oh, and check out the old Warhoops, now US Auto on 18 1/2 mile. They might have Tahoe stuff.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba View Post
    I don't know if you're aware of the slight differences in the Chevy vs. GMC front ends, Rich?
    Such as?
    Im pretty sure the fenders & hood are the same part number..... since I need to buy everything else I thought I would just buy the Denali Parts (looks better) .... been watching craiglist for about 6 months now (with a alert every time someone posts tahoe/yukon or denali) with no sucess.... and every used part I priced is more than they want for new off shore parts.... I just need to move on this... Painter is ready for the truck.

Rich the hood is definetly different
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    Such as?
    Im pretty sure the fenders & hood are the same part number..... since I need to buy everything else I thought I would just buy the Denali Parts (looks better) .... been watching craiglist for about 6 months now (with a alert every time someone posts tahoe/yukon or denali) with no sucess.... and every used part I priced is more than they want for new off shore parts.... I just need to move on this... Painter is ready for the truck.
    Have you looked at Car-part.com?

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    Have you looked at Car-part.com?
    Yes. Used beat up crap sells for more than new offshore.

The hood is different to follow the lines of the headlights. You pretty much have to change everything down the middle and it all has to either be all Chevy or all GMC. Grill, headlights, hood, bumper cover, etc. and I even think the core support is different but i'm not 100% on that.
    Mike

I see that on the hood. I need everything down the middle (as you can see from my picture) . Ill check the part numbers on core supports. I already purchased & painted & installed the hood... but I think it was only 90 bucks, so buying another and selling this one should not be a big deal.

And sorry for the thread hijack IAMSLOW I really just wanted to ask you about your front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    I see that on the hood. I need everything down the middle (as you can see from my picture) . Ill check the part numbers on core supports. I already purchased & painted & installed the hood... but I think it was only 90 bucks, so buying another and selling this one should not be a big deal.

And sorry for the thread hijack IAMSLOW I really just wanted to ask you about your front bumper.
    its all good. My front bumper is the stock Denali one. It was a Denali truck I just took all the side molding and rear bumper off. Right now it has the factory hood on it. It just doesn't line up because the hinges were set up for my HD hood.
    2000 Cadillac deville pearl white DD
    2004 Yukon Denali XL flat pearl white baby cam and small turbo (money pit)

image.jpgdoing some small updates, new wheels 5.5 inch drop, baby turbo under the hood with a 4l80e trans
    2000 Cadillac deville pearl white DD
    2004 Yukon Denali XL flat pearl white baby cam and small turbo (money pit)

Thread Information