Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a little help with a Monte Carlo

Default need a little help with a Monte Carlo

Car starts and idles ok. Above 2000 RPM it bogs. I figured bad fuel filter or sending unit. I checked the fuel pressure and it was 48 psi thru the RPM range. I hit the release valve to check volume and got about 10 oz in a few seconds which seemed to flow pretty strong. I haven't checked too much more. It's my bros 2003 Monte and rarely is driven. Any suggestions would be great.

Any check engine light? I've had a few bad injectors on my w body cars. Obviously typical tune up stuff is a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what engine? ses light? if it does have ses on, what are the codes?

Cat converter plugged?
    Mike

Its got an evap emissions fault. Im going to scan it again tomorrow and check the vacuum. I think the cat makes more sense. Its the 3.8. I wasnt sure if there are any common part failures for this platform

Try unplugging the maf sensor and driving it and see if it runs a lot better. It may shift erratic and possibly a little hard when unplugged. If it runs pretty close to normal I would rec trying a new one. Also may want to check backpreassure at closest o2 to engine for possible plugged cat. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIE View Post
    Try unplugging the maf sensor and driving it and see if it runs a lot better. It may shift erratic and possibly a little hard when unplugged. If it runs pretty close to normal I would rec trying a new one. Also may want to check backpreassure at closest o2 to engine for possible plugged cat. Hope this helps.
    X2
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Its got a P0102 MAF fault, runs the same with it unplugged. Also a P0502 VSS circuit low. I can't drive it because its not insured. Vacuum is 18 at idle. The more throttle Tue more the vac goes away like normal but it'll hold no vac until it starts to clear up from the bog. I'm pretty sure its the cat. I'm going to attempt to pull the O2. The downpipe is too tough to get off without breaking the bolts

Remove idle air control valve and inspect for carbon build up on the unit and in the bore (will need to scope in past what you can see with a pipe cleaner brush and carb cleaner) .

Clean the MAF, just went through these types symptoms with my truck. Would go into limp mode after a few show MAF error and shift hard untill reset.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Thread Information