Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Phelps Responds After DUI Arrest

To put it very simply..... When you have stupid amount of money, you fell that you can do stupid shit and not get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrouspete View Post
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/0...i-in-maryland/

84 mph in a 45, 2 times over the legal limit, still says sorry. haha

you make 55 million for swiming, but you cant get a ride home from a sexy girl at the party? or have your range rover picked up by a tow truck after you get arrested? haha

"BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The most decorated Olympian of all-time, Michael Phelps, has been arrested for driving under the influence. It happened overnight right here in Baltimore after Maryland Transportation Authority police stopped him for speeding.

MDTA police confirm the 29-year-old swimming superstar was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Tuesday.
    After an officer’s radar clocked a 2014 white Land Rover on I-395 south going 84 mph in a 45 mph zone, the officer followed the car onto I-95 north and pulled it over just as it passed the Fort McHenry Tunnel toll plaza.

Police say Phelps was at the wheel and appeared to be under the influence. He was unable to perform satisfactorily on a series of field sobriety tests and was arrested and charged with DUI, excessive speed and crossing double lane lines within the Fort McHenry Tunnel on I-95 in Baltimore. He was later released.
    MDTA police say Phelps was cooperative throughout his arrest.
    On Tuesday afternoon, Phelps released a statement via Twitter, saying “Earlier this morning, I was arrested and charged with DUI, excessive speeding and crossing double lane lines. I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility. I know these words may not have much meaning right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down.”

Ten years ago, Phelps found himself in a similar situation.
    The then 19-year-old swimmer was stopped near Salisbury University after running a stop sign. Salisbury Police charged him with DUI, DWI, violation of a license restriction and failure to obey a stop sign."
    Steve Frankiewicz
    President. Frankiewicz Financial
    313-701-2771
    NMLS 164041/130290
    Equal housing lender.

Quote Originally Posted by 13SECSS View Post
    To put it very simply..... When you have stupid amount of money, you fell that you can do stupid shit and not get caught.
    So goes the story of the Koch Bros.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

If youre going to D&D at least try to follow the laws. I know that sounds bad but thats just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    If youre going to D&D at least try to follow the laws. I know that sounds bad but thats just my observation.
    Drinking and driving isn't following the law
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Drinking and driving isn't following the law
    True. Lmao!

Forum Member

Touche, but you know what I meant. If he was doing the speed limit and not crossing double yellow lines, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now. They didnt mention what his BAC was did they?

They didnt mention what his BAC was did they?
    His was 0.14: http://deadspin.com/police-michael-p...ull+(Deadspin)

http://www.brad21.org/effects_at_specific_bac.html

The effects of alcohol intoxication are greatly influenced by individual variations among users. Some users may become intoxicated at a much lower Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level than is shown.

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to
    respiratory arrest.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Stay classy Michigan...

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swifster View Post
    Stay classy Michigan...
    I think he just trained at Michigan. I could be wrong though. He obviously learned some drinking skills there.

Thread Information