Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car insurance....

I do have medical coverage so I'm not sure why it's so high. I will give Sean a call.

Thanks guys.

Paid $420 ever six months for my 2001 yukon denali.
    Now I am at $720 for full coverage on a 2011.
    Coverage is progressive.
    Alex Stoli

2013 Corvette Grand Sport
    1974 Bricklin SV1

Quote Originally Posted by Torxila
    "We're so tough, we vacation in Detroit"

I know it's beating a dead horse but another +1 for Sean, he halved my insurance rate per month.

Quote Originally Posted by raroz28 View Post
    mdhmi brings up a good point. If you do not have medical benefits, it will cost a lot more.

I have my own medical coordinated with the insurance company. If you do not have medical benefits, your premium will be much higher.
    It will cost more, but Sean can deal with that and still save you money.... he did for me

mdhmi brings up a good point. If you do not have medical benefits, it will cost a lot more.
    I -do- have medical insurance - that's why it says "coordinated".
    I discussed this with AAA earlier tonight. Apparently the $346 charge isn't optional. That goes hand in hand (I'm told) with MCCA.
    AAA would cover the first $580,000 in medical bills and then the MCCA fund would kick in.
    So out of a $782 premium $586 is to cover government fees and medical liability.
    All this for a vehicle that is worth probably $2,500.
    Naturally, the state felt it would be fair for me to pay this $586 for each of my four vehicles - which adds $2,344 per year in medical insurance on top of the medical insurance I already buy - which is several thousand dollars.
    I suppose we should all be grateful that there is a safety net for people who get seriously injured in a wreck, but man - that safety net aint cheap.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Thats what unlimited personal injury protection or PIP gets you.
    BADDOG MOTORSPORTS - "If you can't run with the BADDOG stay on the porch"

66 Chevelle
    CBR 1100
    68 Grand Prix - The cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    I -do- have medical insurance - that's why it says "coordinated".
    I discussed this with AAA earlier tonight. Apparently the $346 charge isn't optional. That goes hand in hand (I'm told) with MCCA.
    AAA would cover the first $580,000 in medical bills and then the MCCA fund would kick in.
    So out of a $782 premium $586 is to cover government fees and medical liability.
    All this for a vehicle that is worth probably $2,500.
    Naturally, the state felt it would be fair for me to pay this $586 for each of my four vehicles - which adds $2,344 per year in medical insurance on top of the medical insurance I already buy - which is several thousand dollars.
    I suppose we should all be grateful that there is a safety net for people who get seriously injured in a wreck, but man - that safety net aint cheap.
    I saw that you did, which is what reminded me that the medical is usually the biggest part of the premium. I in no way implied that you did not have coverage.

Here is mine. I pay 289 for secondary medical coverage. My premium is $157/month for a new Audi A4. $100 comprehensive deductible, $500 collision, and secondary medical. I also carry uninsured motorist coverage, roadside and $30/day rental reimbursement.Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bad466 View Post
    I do have medical coverage so I'm not sure why it's so high. I will give Sean a call.

give me a shout tomorrow i will be in the office from 8:30-5:00 and we can try and get some numbers for you

Thanks guys.
    Here is mine. I pay 289 for secondary medical coverage. My premium is $157/month for a new Audi A4. $100 comprehensive deductible, $500 collision, and secondary medical. I also carry uninsured motorist coverage, roadside and $30/day rental reimbursement.Untitled.jpg

you really should look into getting your liability limits raised to 100,000/300,000 at a min. the state min of 20,000/40,000 is just not enough coverage these days..

Thread Information