Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

can't hear the exhaust, turn up the radio!!

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

From Andy at Livernois on another forum:

"We just wanted to share an update with you all. Tuning is well underway, and we have some results to share with you. Keep in mind, we are still working on getting it perfect, but the gains we have seen so far have been impressive to say the least.

Stock, as you see reported here, was an impressive, but not earth shattering 233hp/261tq. Considering the car was brand new, and an auto, definitely respectable.

Fast forward to today, and we have achieved 322hp/328tq!

Thats a peak vs. peak gain of 89hp, and 67tq!

While that is impressive, the real story here are the actual peak gains which were 122hp/111tq, and as you can see the power band is extended out much further, extending the usable range and eliminating the "out of steam" feeling the car had at high RPM when stock.

Just think, we aren't even done yet, so keep an eye out for our finished product!"

Yea. He's too cool to post here anymore. After he filled the vacated Reese position

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Yea. He's too cool to post here anymore. After he filled the vacated Reese position
    Dolphin tattoo.. cough.. LOL Based on the stock times at the track on Thursday, should easily be a low 13 sec car.

Damn that's impressive. I was pricing these out the other day. $26k for what I want. Not a bad price at all considering what you get (especially tuned).

Ok, so was the baseline run with 87 octane (factory) thus the low number? I'd assume the new numbers are with premium. Just looking for insight as the '15 Stang guys are getting all twisted up over it.
    If it's true it is still a very valid indication of the difference tune (and fuel?) can make.

Please keep pushing it. I can't wait to see how far the motor can go.

More..

Well, it's been a few days since we gave you guys some EcoBoost mustang goodies to feast upon. Here is the latest development from the dyno:

We are still working on finalizing our tune offering, but we definitely wanted to show you guys what this platform is capable of making with just a tune. Now, we are still validating the durability at this power level, and our final tune might scale it back if we feel there are any durability trade offs, but this is an amazing jump from what we saw before. Just take a look at all of that torque!

Keep an eye out for us testing this further, and hitting up the track soon for some 1/4 mile results

Club Member

YOWZA!!! That is awesome! I think this little four banger is going to be a real tire shredder, and a blast to drive! Can't wait to see the track results! That is significantly more wheel torque (60 ft lbs) and at a lower RPM than the 5.0!!! Can you say "old school big block?"!!!

I know the four bangers are running high 14s stock so a tune they should be in the 13s no problem

Quote Originally Posted by 90SuperchargedLx View Post
    I know the four bangers are running high 14s stock so a tune they should be in the 13s no problem
    My guess is 12's easy..

Thread Information