Thread: Blower Install, hood won't shut???

Default Blower Install, hood won't shut???

I have a 86 GT with stock hood, I added a used Novi 1000 blower kit for a Fox Body. It bolted up fine but now my hood won't shut. A cowl hood won't matter either because the hood is hitting the oil feed line on top the blower housing and the inlet pipe to the throttle body which is to far over to fall under the cowl portion. We aren't sure why or what's different?

I even added a full Team Z front end kit with new K-Member for which sometimes lowers the engine. Guy that did my install stated maybe look at adding solid engine mounts which might help but not sure that's the cure. Any thoughts on what's causing this or what to do to fix?

I had same problem I had poly motor mounts and they made the engine sit higher put stock ones back on problem fixed

Quote Originally Posted by 90SuperchargedLx View Post
    I had same problem I had poly motor mounts and they made the engine sit higher put stock ones back on problem fixed
    I have convertible motor mounts in mine which are suppose to lower it a little and still hits. Not sure what the heck is going on. Team Z kmember, Novi 1000 fox body blower kit and doesn't fit under my hood?

Does the oil line have a 90* fitting on it? As for the tube hitting, make sure the outlet half of the blower was not removed and clocked.

Any pics may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Strlegal View Post
    Does the oil line have a 90* fitting on it? As for the tube hitting, make sure the outlet half of the blower was not removed and clocked.

Any pics may help.
    Thanks for the comments guys trying to help me. Yes the oil line is a 90 fitting on the top. We did end up trying to clock the housing a bit to help lower it but still hits. I do have picks on my phone so not sure how to post them to here, can test to anyone that might be able to help if you send me your #.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    I have convertible motor mounts in mine which are suppose to lower it a little and still hits. Not sure what the heck is going on. Team Z kmember, Novi 1000 fox body blower kit and doesn't fit under my hood?
    Yea thats weird I put the convertible mounts on my car too and it fixed problem but I have a stock k member

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    Thank you for the help, that might be what we have to do. Great build thread by the way, bad ass.

All set got it to close after doing what some of you suggested. It's tight so not sure if it will hit the hood under boost/load but will see next spring once tuned and driving but it's closed for now.

Thread Information