Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dumbass in Cleveland...

I think what all these protestors are trying to say is that they think police should back down and run away whenever they get in a tight situation because there is a chance the criminal may get hurt. I think that is ridiculous, but that is what they seem to be saying. I would love to interview the Brown family and ask them that. Ask them what cops should do.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Cops are looking for any chance to shoot somebody. Perfect scenario for them. Fake gun, no chance of getting hurt...but it looks real, so they get a free pass for shooting
    I've always thought you were a stand up member of this site, so don't take this offensively, but that is probably the dumbest thing I'll read all day. None of the officers I associate with EVER want to have to take a life, even if the perp is a complete shit bag. I agree that we deal with power tripping police officers on a daily basis with our local department, but none of them have ever given me the impression that they are just looking for an excuse to kill someone.
    2014 Shelby GT500 - 2015 Scat Pack Challenger - 1969 Olds Cutlass S - 1969 Plymouth Barracuda - 1967 Camaro - 1959 Bel Air

This incident and the Mike Brown shooting are not the same. I hope they don't get lumped together. Watching the video is sure seems that rookie cop was trigger happy. Would suck to be a LEO these days.

Could the increased threat of a terrorist event have some of these guys a little twitchy? Seems unrelated but is it? Law enforcement is on "heightened alert" since September.

i agree he was dumb for pointing the gun like that, but it's clear in the video he DID NOT POINT THE GUN AT THE COP. i'm not saying they went there looking to kill him but from the time the door opened to the kid being shot he couldn't have even yelled "put the gun down" it's a literal 1 second. the kid appears to be looking down when they roll up to him. i get what you are all saying about what it would look like from the cops position though, and i'm sure current events had them on edge about crazy shit happening. just sad that they made zero effort to figure out what the situation was. "shoot first ask questions later" couldn't be more fitting.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    i agree he was dumb for pointing the gun like that, but it's clear in the video he DID NOT POINT THE GUN AT THE COP. i'm not saying they went there looking to kill him but from the time the door opened to the kid being shot he couldn't have even yelled "put the gun down" it's a literal 1 second. the kid appears to be looking down when they roll up to him. i get what you are all saying about what it would look like from the cops position though, and i'm sure current events had them on edge about crazy shit happening. just sad that they made zero effort to figure out what the situation was. "shoot first ask questions later" couldn't be more fitting.
    x2, 12 years old. Literally a CHILD.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post

Shame on the people on this site trying to make this the fault of a 12 year old kid playing with a toy gun. We all did it at that age. We probably all pointed the at people and pretended. I know I removed the orange top from mine.

He's a 12 year old little kid. The cops came flying up on him, probably scared him and he tried to grab it and drop it...because you know, he's fucking 12 and he doesn't know any better
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
    I've always thought you were a stand up member of this site, so don't take this offensively, but that is probably the dumbest thing I'll read all day. None of the officers I associate with EVER want to have to take a life, even if the perp is a complete shit bag. I agree that we deal with power tripping police officers on a daily basis with our local department, but none of them have ever given me the impression that they are just looking for an excuse to kill someone.
    1. I am a stand up member of this site
    2. I don't take offense that you disagree with me. Even if you think it's "the dumbest thing you've read all day." That's your opinion.
    3. I have had positive encounters and experiences with police. I've had negative. I know there are a FEW good ones left. I am grateful for them and their service. However, in my opinion, as supported by what I continue to see daily on the news and the internet... there are less and less "good guy" community serving cops and more and more militarized, wanna be soldiers looking for an excuse to get tacticool'ed up and play army/SWAT/etc.

Watch these assholes (just last month) shoot a 5lb dog that's running away from them and tell me that they didn't just want to shoot something that day?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGO4l7xaHdU
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Arrow

What a horrific tragedy! I can’t imagine how that police office
    felt after he realized that the “person with a gun” was a 12 year
    old boy with a toy gun.

This last summer my boy removed the orange tip off of his Airsoft
    gun, I informed him that gun was now toast & gone! He immediately
    replaced the orange tip, never to be removed again.

My sons also know they can’t play Airsoft at any public place or show
    photos or even talk about it at school. I maybe strict, but I must keep
    my children safe & teach them.

I think perhaps some folks who don’t have children of this age simply don’t
    understand how “normal” things like this can be for kids to do. Not saying
    its right, there kids, they are learning & we their parents MUST take the
    time to teach them AND monitor them.

This situation is nothing more than every parent’s worse nightmare.......
    and every police officer's worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    He's a 12 year old little kid. The cops came flying up on him, probably scared him and he tried to grab it and drop it...because you know, he's fucking 12 and he doesn't know any better
    If you watch the vid, it looks like this is exactly what happened.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

I see many other approaches the officers could have used honestly, as an adult you can tell the age of a 12 year old child. Honestly the way the car pulled up so close seems very odd, sad to see the life of a child lost but the child obviously didn't have the best parental guidance IMO. No way in hell would my 12 year old or even my 15 year old kids attempt to take an air soft gun into a public area to play gangster with
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

Thread Information