Thread: Post your sound systems/home theaters!

Default Post your sound systems/home theaters!

Lots of guys here have some sort of audio system. Be it a boombox, a full fledged stereo, an insane home theater, or even just an iPod. Soooo whatcha got? Post it up!

Here's my newest system. A Raspberry Pi mini-computer, Parasound Zdac, Music Hall a15.3 integrated amp, and Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary standmount monitors.

'16 Fiesta ST

Mine kinda blows and always changes... My TV is the best tho! lol.

Panasonic ZT65
    Pardigm Fronts
    Martin Logan Motion 8 Center
    Martin Logan Motion 4 Rears
    Yamaha Receiver For the front 3 channels
    Adcom Amp in the basement for the 2 rears
    Playstation 4

All the wires run through the basement and walls using and HDMI extender.

Pictures taken with my phone while shaking.... I didnt use a dslr because it would show to much detail lol.

Nothing crazy, but we enjoy it.

Onkyo 7.1 surround sound, 100" screen, Epson HD projector... Ricer couch lol

If I did it again, the speakers would be ran differently, but I had no clue what I was doing.

Forum Member

Just saying the 7.1 setup is surround it should look like this!! Sweet setup!! I will get some pics of mine later tonight.
    71diagram.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    Mine kinda blows and always changes... My TV is the best tho! lol.
    I dig it, that's pretty bad ass. I like to rotate equipment every so often myself, sometimes you just get bored of things.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I will be lurking on this one to see what other people are doing. My old setup I loved but it was my first attempt at anything and I never got around finishing it. I had Kenwood receiver that was 150x3 for the fronts and center and 100x4 for the rears all @ 4ohms, 7band eq, and 5 disc cd changer. RE-30 Cerwin Vega floor standings for the front, I had no center channel, Infinity 8" woofer 1" tweeter floor standings for the rear and a Velodyne ULD-12 for my subwoofer. This was all from the mid 90s and I was a teenager. I started building it when I was 12years old, I had a full time job and nothing else to spend money on lol I have since sold off all but the ULD-12 for surviving college and buying car parts lol

I still have my ULD-12 and I am starting to look at peiceing together something. I had to get a new power servo controller for it since it has dissapeared at my parents house (my mom said she gave it to my brother and my brother claims he doesn't have it) and I know I am going to have to restore it some with a new surround and maybe a sanding and painting of the enclosure.
    velodyneuld122.jpg
    Last edited by H.O. Driver; 01-07-2015 at 10:16 AM.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by 99SaleenSpeedster View Post
    Nothing crazy, but we enjoy it.

Onkyo 7.1 surround sound, 100" screen, Epson HD projector... Ricer couch lol

If I did it again, the speakers would be ran differently, but I had no clue what I was doing.

I remember that window

Here's my proposed setup, a dedicated music room. Once my mom moves out of my house, I'm going to do the full monte on my spare bedroom. I'm going to make 24" x 48" x 3" acoustic panels out of wood, acoustic cloth, and Roxul Safe 'n Sound insulation. I will also make some bass traps from the same materials. I plan on running a power outlet to the closet and having my rack with associated equipment located there to keep it off of the main area. The room is small, only 8' x 10', but it'll work great with my standmount monitors. The Electro Voice monkey coffins will be put back into service in the basement and powered by a Marantz 2215B I plan on restoring soon

'16 Fiesta ST

I have some extra rooms, I was thinking about doing a listening room for the record player. I dont have nice enough stuff yet lol. Thats like building a 3 car garage to store my car collection and all I have is a fiat x1-9 lol

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I dont have nice enough stuff yet lol.
    Man you have better shit than most out there, DO IT!
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information