Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Turbo Mark VII Time

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

So, the Holley ECU and bits I ordered through RaceStatus Garage showed up today. Perhaps Ill lay it all out and get a rough mounting and wire path figured out. I do want to spend more time with the TIG and try to sort that process out.

https://www.racestatusgarage.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...FbzbOBXFenNB_A

image_66007.jpg

Forum Member

Decided to get started on being ready to make the turbo kit. I haven't gotten the TIG down very well but, so far even though my welds are ugly, they seem to hold.

DSC_2291 by Jason, on Flickr

DSC_2293 by Jason, on Flickr

DSC_2295 by Jason, on Flickr

DSC_2296 by Jason, on Flickr

I can already tell that I will need to move the radiator bungs to the opposite sides, to make room for the cross over and to make it cleaner over all.

The next step is to get a balancer and crank pulley along with some MLS manifold gaskets. Until then, its practice welding to get ready for the day the turbo kit starts to come together.

Forum Member

Well, since the weather is so nice, the spring clean up is done and, some other yard work is done. I decided to wash this bucket off. I also realize that I really need to put the other header panel on, it has the spring loaded Lincoln emblem on it. You know, street car things.

DSC_2317 by Jason, on Flickr

DSC_2304 by Jason, on Flickr

Man it’s coming along nicely

Forum Member

This isn't much of an update as it more filler. I got a TIG not too long ago and all of my welds on stainless looked too hot. I noticed the holes in the collet were smaller than the ones in another collet so, I drilled them out. Things started to look better. A friend dropped off a gas lens and with no other changes, things were massively better. Though, I still want to get to a colorless weld and get the stacking thing down, I can see progress. Also, the stainless I am using is thoroughly cooked.

image_66281.jpgimage_66281.jpg

Forum Member

First time welding stainless tubing, tried a few ways of working the torch. Still far away from being good but, there may be some hope.

image_66299.jpg
    image_66298.jpg
    image_66297.jpg
    image_66296.jpg

Great stuff you got there. Nice work on it as well. I recently ordered a borla exhaust and bilstein shocks just waiting for it to arrive. I'll be working on my rig this coming June so I'm getting all the necessary aftermarket parts that I'll need. I have to work on this now that I have plenty of time to improve the rig and update its condition.

Thread Information