Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just picked this up: 2006 SRT8 Jeep

Default Just picked this up: 2006 SRT8 Jeep

So after a 11-12 year hiatus without anything that has power or a V8, I decided to pick something up.

I was looking for utilitarian and fun out of the box but with very little mechanical needed right away.
    It will be a bit before I can even get started with cleaning this thing up, but from the picture I am sure you can see 2-4 things needed.
    My highest priorities right now are Brakes and suspension.
    Next up will be latches, seals, and buttons.
    Paint will be something I look into once I decide I can lump a few bucks at it. But for now, it works.

Anyone happen to have a few website recommendations for parts. I have been looking but I am a foreigner when it comes to mopar stuff.
    The items I am looking for that I can not find are:

Suspension replacement pieces versus straight kits. Mainly just looking to replace all the rubber bits and make sure my mounts are solid. but any links or direction pointing will help.
    I will add more pictures as I get things accomplished and some during images.

image1.jpeg

facebook has alot of sources
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Out of the box coolness! I'll never forget being passed by a really loud one a few years ago... He passed ON the shoulder of I75 probably doing 120...scared the crap out of me. Nice re-entry to the world of gas guzzling!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

I always thought those were pretty cool. Nice way to get back into the fast car scene.

they love the 273 cam

and my buddy in highland can tune it
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

Very nice. Congrats!

Taking notes on the cam and tune.
    But I definitely want to get some of the small things addressed first.
    Thanks on the info for areas to look for parts too.

The out of the box cool factor was kind of the deciding factor for me. They had a lightning and a few other TC and SC vehicles on their lot, but this one definitely stuck out. The dealer won my business the minute he threw me the keys and said just have in back in about 30 minutes. Even pointed out a few areas to open her up at.

I was mainly checking the electrical, transfer case leaks, and anything with a singular price tag over $1k to fix. Everything just kind of worked out.

Funny part was, 2 days after getting it home, I get a recall notice on my ford focus. About the flywheel exploding under certain conditions. LOL.

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Very cool ride, those are a lot of fun.
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Update: Figured it was time to update the direction since I posted up originally.
    Dropped it off Monday to have Twin 67mm turbo's installed. Fuel management system, injectors, everything to make the that area run without issue. Current plan is to cap it out at 550 at the wheel until I can get some motor work done and also some drive train upgrades. Not sure if I want to spend the $4k to get the pistons, cam and bits done to up the power output of the turbo system or focus on the drive train first. But having the transmission or transfer case explode is a real concern at anything over that 550.

Currently looking at the SHR War Viking NAG1, Them bastards are not cheap. Unless I can find a deal, it will be about $7-9k out of pocket with labor and tune. That's trans with converter. So if anyone has some thoughts on direction or contacts that can offer a deal, I am open to information.

All the work is being done locally by Chicken Hawk Motorsports. Met the guy, seen the shop, even know a few people that has had work done by him. I will post up pictures once it is done.

Thread Information