Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Mark VII Time

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by StockNotch View Post
    Happy birthday to me!
    Things just got serious.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

I fixed the broken grill so, that annoying hole is no longer in the front end!! Also, started the daunting task of wiring the car. I got the harness split up and ran to where I think/want the sections to go, put the fuse block in a place where its out of the way yet, easy (in theory) to get to and, got the switch panel wired into the fuse block.

BCN_7554 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7558 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7555 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Great progress!!!!!
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

08 Mustang GT broke but beautiful

99 saturn SL1 with the air box removed for POWER!!!!
    Ford Chrysler or GM it doesent matter to me as long as its domestic.

Nice work!

FYI, the 325 looks cool, but the 275 Pro is faster. The 275 can look almost as big on the right wheel (12-13").

Love the car, it's going to be 1 of a kind.
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Forum Member

So, I started on sending power through all of the wires. I got the majority of the lights figured out. The rear harness still needs some time to sort out reverse and other lights. Once that is done, I can figure out the final routing and make all the connections permanent. I may also go ahead and wire in the fuel pumps and the intercooler pump while I am back there.

Forum Member

Wouldn't you know it, I go to run and mount the harness going to the rear of the car and I run out of loom...Bah, gotta order more so I can finish up the electrical that I can do. Not to mention, loom the rest of the interior harness.

I may also want to make a bracket to brace the bottom of the fuse block to the firewall, in hopes of cutting down the vibrations.
    BCN_7560 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7563 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Also, loomed and mounted the headlight harness. I want to put a connector in, where it comes down the header and turns to the lights. That way, I can just unplug the nose and take it off if, I ever have to take it off. I also think I need to flip the one wire tab 180, so it matches the one that is upside down, going over the center part of the grille.
    BCN_7565 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7568 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Can't have any rattles! It is a still Lincoln after all you're doing
    Mike

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba View Post
    Can't have any rattles! It is a still Lincoln after all you're doing
    It's still a Fox Body after all.

Tonight, I worked on my CAD skills. Once I get the template made, I can do final routing and such for the electrical in the rear of the car.

BCN_7593 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Forum Member

Well, I need to figure out how to wire the power windows into a car that has no power windows any more.
    Welp, got them wired in but, the motors just hum. If I put power directly to them, they are slow to move but, they do move. I remember the windows didn't work when I got the car so, I think I need to rebuild the switches and ultimately get new window motors.

You may ask, why are power windows so important? BECAUSE STREET CAR! Eff a race car.

I rebuilt and cleaned the switches. I was able to get one window to go down partially before it stopped...It is staying down because it refuses to go up. Other than that, there was no change. Both switches looked horrid inside so, I ordered replacements.

I did some digging, for a switch that looks similar and I found one. I just need to replace the toggley part with the one from the car in order to make them look correct. I'll order new motors later on, this has at least proved the wiring correct and puts the wiring as a hole, one step closer to being finished.

That said, relays and such come tomorrow, allowing me to wire up the intercooler pump and the fuel pump.

IMG_20190115_173731117[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_20190115_174514516[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_20190115_174558049[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Forum Member

I have had the relays for the fuel and intercooler pumps for about a week now and finally got around to installing them. I still need to get a pump so, that isnt completely done but...what can you do with out having the pump? To make sure its all there, I hooked the batter charger back up to power the car then, hit the switches.

The intercooler pump squirts!

Thread Information