Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Mark VII Time

Is that the Pro Comp intake? And also, did you buy the hubcentric rings for the race stars? When I ran those wheels last year McCormack told me oh you dont need the hubcentric spacers. Couldn't get the wheel centered to save my life without them. I tried eyeballing it the best I could, and the car shook like a hooker in church.

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    Is that the Pro Comp intake? And also, did you buy the hubcentric rings for the race stars? When I ran those wheels last year McCormack told me oh you dont need the hubcentric spacers. Couldn't get the wheel centered to save my life without them. I tried eyeballing it the best I could, and the car shook like a hooker in church.
    Yes, its the Pro Comp intake. A copy of the Victor Jr. from what I gather (gotta keep to my pop can budget).

Nope, no hubcentric rings. I'll measure then and get some rings for them.

Quote Originally Posted by StockNotch View Post
    Yes, its the Pro Comp intake. A copy of the Victor Jr. from what I gather (gotta keep to my pop can budget).

I bought the same intake, and same elbow. I had to hog the hell out of the intake to match a 1262 gasket, and cleaned up the casting flash. You can definitely tell its a Chinese intake lol. Another thing to note, if you purchased the matching fuel rail kit the brackets that they include push the fuel rail out too far and the injectors wont go in straight. You will have to cut them down and reweld them. Or atleast with mine thats how it was. I'd throw out the stupid phillips head screws they give you and out in some allen heads.

Forum Member

Saved up all week by not having breakfast or lunch and was able to get the front tires mounted.
    Tires-5903 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    I bought the same intake, and same elbow. I had to hog the hell out of the intake to match a 1262 gasket, and cleaned up the casting flash. You can definitely tell its a Chinese intake lol. Another thing to note, if you purchased the matching fuel rail kit the brackets that they include push the fuel rail out too far and the injectors wont go in straight. You will have to cut them down and reweld them. Or atleast with mine thats how it was. I'd throw out the stupid phillips head screws they give you and out in some allen heads.
    I figure it'll work until I can afford something other than this little 302 but, I do agree with you, there is some clean up work to do.

Forum Member

Now, the motor is ready to go to the shop to be freshened up!

untitled-5915 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

untitled-5907 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Forum Member

Now the whole top half of the motor will be far to big for the bottom half.

Heads-5922 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by StockNotch View Post

Are they racestars? If they're the SVE ones they just use factory conical lugs-no centering required. Cool project btw, really making me want one, lol.

Forum Member

Next step is to clean up all the packed dirt, install the Team Z suspension, Cobra brakes, eliminate the electric brake booster, remove the rest of the engine harness and remount the intercooler into a new spot I found.

Dirty-6056 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Forum Member

Got the keys to the new house with a much better garage. I am hoping to get the Lincoln into the garage next week.

Thread Information