Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple a projects I did over the holidays.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Default A couple a projects I did over the holidays.

I've been wanting to consolidate my mig, tig, & plasma cutter onto one universal cart for a while. Finally did it a couple weeks ago. I still gotta add a pull handle & filler rod storage, but I'm very happy with it. My Grandpa's old Kennedy box fit perfect for gloves & consumables. The plasma is the newest addition, I don't know how I got by without it. Found it lightly used on Craigslist last fall.

I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Nice! Where do you get your steel from? I need some to make a small welding table
    Mike
    86 Buick GN
    1988 Mustang 347 EFI
    Ice Nine Customs
    Grafik Intentions

I had most of it laying around, but I bought some at metal mart, 13 & dequindre.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

The other thing I built was a roll around fab cart. The top is a nice piece of 3/8" plate my brother got for me, I can store my chop saw & 12" disc sander on the bottom, and I welded trailer hitch receivers to the underside of the plate so I can slide in different tools, and store them underneath when I'm not using them. I'm trying to consolidate stuff to save floor space.

Both carts in use!!

That's it for now, I've slowly been chipping away at the 48, but a kitchen remodel is eating up most of my spare time for a few weeks.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Nice!

I like the fab cart the best, very cool.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Great job. Was thinking of the same thing for my MIG and Plasma. Looking at a TIG too so I gotta figure something out. I'm running out of room fast.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Forum Member

very cool you should sell them

Diversion 165? Thats what I've been tig'n with for a few years now. Love that thing. A plasma is next on my list

Thanks everybody! I've been wanting to do these projects for a while. It makes it easier to get things out if the way when I paint (which is a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    Diversion 165? Thats what I've been tig'n with for a few years now. Love that thing. A plasma is next on my list
    Yeah, I got it lightly used about a year ago. Nice machine. There was one time I was doing a repair on a cast aluminum intake & I couldn't put enough heat in it, but overall I'm very happy with it. Way nicer than the 45 year old dinosaur I had before it. (For the most part)

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thread Information