Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Cherokee Overland or Lincoln MKC?

Default Grand Cherokee Overland or Lincoln MKC?

I have spent the last couple of months searching for the perfect car to replace our Buick Enclave. Initially, our main goal was to get something smaller (don't need 3 rows of seats) and at least slightly more economical (we are averaging 16mpg). We also wanted a crossover or a small SUV, but definitely not a sedan or coupe. After test driving many different vehicles we narrowed it down to a Lincoln MKC or Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. The lease prices of the 2 specific vehicles we are looking at are practically the same ($18 difference in favor of the MKC). We are looking at the MKC 2.3 liter and the V6 in the Grand Cherokee.

Does anyone have experience with any of these (or both) that could share some feedback?

Have tested both. Build quality is better on the Lincoln IMHO. But the Jeep is a really nice ride... Don't think you will be disappointed with either

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

In-laws have a V6 JGC and it is very nice. They are quite happy with it and it handled the snow last year with zero drama.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I vote for the ford.. I dont know anything about either specifically but ford seams to be on top of their game.

I know multiple people with new blue oval products and they all seem to be impressed. Good friends of our family have been life long toyota owners and now he has a newer fusion, she has the new escape and the daughter has a few year old focus.

My dad has a new expedition and its pretty boss, sync is really sweet. He is 70 and has no problem using the new tech.

Skip the MKC and get a titanium escape cheaper and same basic car plus no Lincoln repair upcharge

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Skip the MKC and get a titanium escape cheaper and same basic car plus no Lincoln repair upcharge
    I would be all over that if black interior wasn't the only option on the titanium. Light interior is one of our non negotiables. Not too worried about repair costs on a 24 month lease.

Jeep Grand Cherokee...

MKC. I had an Escape rental last year and that thing was a beast in the snow. The wife has another 6 months or so on her MKZ lease and will probably be getting an MKC next.

Do you have X-plan?

Sent from my MotoX using Tapatalk.
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    MKC. I had an Escape rental last year and that thing was a beast in the snow. The wife has another 6 months or so on her MKZ lease and will probably be getting an MKC next.

Do you have X-plan?

Sent from my MotoX using Tapatalk.
    Yes, x-plan if I go with MKC and Friends & Family if I go with the Jeep.

You guys are no help. LOL. At least it sounds like I can't go wrong with either.

Having spent a week in each, I still have to edit the video of the MKC, I'd tell you to go with the MKC, given that the GC you are looking at is a V6. If it was the EcoDiesel, I'd say go with that, but the MKC is very impressive. The best vehicle, of you aren't going offroad in the compact luxury SUV market is probably the Audi Q5, the new Lexus NX is very good, but if you are buying American, then go for the MKC. youtube.com/rumblestripradio if you want to look through some reviews of most of the above mentioned vehicles.

edit: Also having spent time in the latest Escape, the MKC is much more than a fancy Escape.

Thread Information