Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Fitness and naked folks

Planet Fitness is a great value for those who choose to use it for what it is. For $10 a month you get a very clean facility with new or nearly new equipment. For $20 a month you get to bring a friend any time you want at any location. I recently upgraded so I could hit the gym on road trips and vacations because they're conveniently everywhere.

At my PF, the dumbbells go up to 75lbs and there are 6 Smith machines. I've never set the "lunk alarm" off, but I have heard it before. Some of my back workouts are over 300lbs and I'm using the heavy side of the dumbbells 4 to 5 times a week. Yes, they have pizza once a month and bagels once a month, but you don't have to eat them...

They expect people to pay $10 a month and not show up, that's the business model. They overbook every location with the expectation that people won't bat an eye at losing the money and are not motivated to better themselves. I lost 110lbs at PF because I wanted it... I didn't have to be coaxed into the gym.

Forum Member

I could show up in the locker room with a large knife and make him look more like a woman. I have the Lorena Bobbit autographed model.

pf motivated me not to go to the gym. I am at another gym now and never looked back
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Arrow

My God, has all common sense & decency
    gone to hell in a hand-basket?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    My God, has all common sense & decency
    gone to hell in a hand-basket?
    yep I guess you forgot somebody got Re-elected a few years ago

my only complaint about PF is the old dudes that hang out in the locker room for 20 minutes buck naked lol.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    yep I guess you forgot somebody got Re-elected a few years ago

I keep trying to forget that nightmare!!!

I sure hope all those folks that actually reelected
    that %!&@$# are happy – because I for one am NOT!

While I appreciate a good deal on a gym I do not like PF. PF is great for beginners or light workouts. Its great for people who are intimidated in other gyms. PF has many machines because the majority of its members are new and dont understand free weight workouts or the mechanics of the body. I would go to PF if it met my weight demands. Some things I cannot do on a smith machine. They have cable machines and treadmills for days but very limited weight or free weight selection. Thats my PF rant.

As for the "judgement free" BS, I dont agree with that move and getting rid of her membership seems to be a little judgemental. Also, as stated above, Judgement free, unless you are a meathead.... And that lunk alarm is pretty damn embarrassing. Shaming people into lifting silently. Seems a bit judgemental as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    my only complaint about PF is the old dudes that hang out in the locker room for 20 minutes buck naked lol.
    This^

Apparently this is more widespread than just the location I go (Northville).

Forum Member

Old guys are always walking around naked at Lifetime too. They have no shame at all lol.

Thread Information