Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Fitness and naked folks

Quote Originally Posted by rockthemullet View Post
    Planet Fitness is a great value for those who choose to use it for what it is. For $10 a month you get a very clean facility with new or nearly new equipment. For $20 a month you get to bring a friend any time you want at any location. I recently upgraded so I could hit the gym on road trips and vacations because they're conveniently everywhere.

At my PF, the dumbbells go up to 75lbs and there are 6 Smith machines. I've never set the "lunk alarm" off, but I have heard it before. Some of my back workouts are over 300lbs and I'm using the heavy side of the dumbbells 4 to 5 times a week. Yes, they have pizza once a month and bagels once a month, but you don't have to eat them...

They expect people to pay $10 a month and not show up, that's the business model. They overbook every location with the expectation that people won't bat an eye at losing the money and are not motivated to better themselves. I lost 110lbs at PF because I wanted it... I didn't have to be coaxed into the gym.
    What you did is AMAZING but YOU did all the work. You are in a fraction of the top 1% of PF members. A gym doesn't have to be much. Being close to home is big for me. When the Powerhouse in Waterford closed years back it was Bally's or the new Planet Fitness. $10 a month, 24 hours and close to home drew me in. I was not comfortable there. Big, redundant and honestly very judgemental. I heard that Lunk-Alart go off a couple of times and I'm like WTF?! Is there a fire? And then EVERYONE looks for the offender. Non-judgemental my ass! LOL

I can't believe they let a guy with all his "guy parts" even enter the ladies room. Would you want a guy changing along with your wife/girlfriend/mother/daughter? He could shower at home. He has a problem.

You don't have to be silent while lifting, I'm not that's for damn sure, just no yelling or being obnoxiously loud.

Here's what PF and determination have done for me, cut my body fat in half and put on a fair amount of muscle and still have a ways to go. The only time I've heard the alarm go off is when some jackass who thinks he's hard drops a dumbbell or something. If you can't complete the set in control its too heavy for you anyways...

I've used many locations in multiple states, and I typically see the same people there week after week. PF is a great option for someone that wants to make a positive change in their life, and as others have said, it's all on the individual to make that change, a gym is just a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    While I appreciate a good deal on a gym I do not like PF. PF is great for beginners or light workouts. Its great for people who are intimidated in other gyms. PF has many machines because the majority of its members are new and dont understand free weight workouts or the mechanics of the body. I would go to PF if it met my weight demands. Some things I cannot do on a smith machine. They have cable machines and treadmills for days but very limited weight or free weight selection. Thats my PF rant.

As for the "judgement free" BS, I dont agree with that move and getting rid of her membership seems to be a little judgemental. Also, as stated above, Judgement free, unless you are a meathead.... And that lunk alarm is pretty damn embarrassing. Shaming people into lifting silently. Seems a bit judgemental as well.
    Had this discussion with a buddy today. how do you set a judgement free zone, then judge people who lift a lot and tell them they cant be a member? I get what they're goal is, but how they got there is stupid. Of course there's tons of mindless sheep who don't think twice about the "model" as long as they now are not the ones being judged.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    Old guys are always walking around naked at Lifetime too. They have no shame at all lol.
    I used to go to Powerhouse, same shit.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Forum Member

BENK-I admire your dedication. Nice work.
    At Fitness USA there were always old guys sitting naked in the hot tubs and saunas for way longer than a man really should.
    If I went when they opened at 6 AM old guys would take naps while sitting on the machines.
    Now I have a membership at a university and have issues will people walking on the indoor track and blocking all the lanes. Wednesday night I wore a bell pinned to my shirt, 99% of the people moved out into the proper walking lanes when I approached.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mrvids View Post
    BENK-I admire your dedication. Nice work.
    At Fitness USA there were always old guys sitting naked in the hot tubs and saunas for way longer than a man really should.
    If I went when they opened at 6 AM old guys would take naps while sitting on the machines.
    Now I have a membership at a university and have issues will people walking on the indoor track and blocking all the lanes. Wednesday night
    I wore a bell pinned to my shirt, 99% of the people moved out into the proper walking lanes when I approached.

Sad that you had to do this, but very smart!

Benk, great job man! I have a physique like your first pic but I am comfortable in my own body. I lost 65#'s 10 years ago and only put 10 (20 in the winter) back on so I'm content for now. But you have really made a huge change and you should be very proud of yourself!

As for the bone hawkers sitting around comparing cock sizes, I remember that went on at Fitness USA back in the day a lot as was mentioned. That's one of the reasons I quit going there.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    my only complaint about PF is the old dudes that hang out in the locker room for 20 minutes buck naked lol.
    That happens at ALL gyms. That's why I don't use the locker room at my gym. I go straight home and shower. Back in college, I worked out at this small gym, that now got bought out by PF. Recall walking into the locker room, and two old dudes, one sitting on bench naked, and the other next to him with leg up on bench, toweling off his junk. First and last time I walked into that locker room. It's an unfortunate image that's stuck with me.

One of my favorite daily show segments -

If you are physically a man and by clear outward appearances a man and are insisting on using the girl's bathroom then I have to assume you're an attention-seeking pervert.
    If you look like a man then use the mens restroom. Is that so much to ask?
    This isn't about judgement - it's about being decent and courteous.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Thread Information