Thread: Fab Shop Rates?

Default Fab Shop Rates?

I have never needed any fab work done in the past, usually just bolt on stuff myself. Anyway I want to have my second gen camaro 4 linked and mini tubed using the kits that Detroit Speed sells. DSE charges 35 hours for the mini tub kit and another 14 hours for the quadralink install.

1. What is an average rate for this kind of work?
    2. Who does nice work at a fair price.
    3. Anyone familiar with second gen Camaro's and the parts I want to install?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Not sure the rate but i would call rieters or team z for quality work.

I know a ton about them. You dont need a mini tub kit, just section your existing wheel wells. Do you want a true 4 kink or their quadralink? But to answer youre question about fab shop rates, id expect $75-$100/hr depending on shop.

To be honest, I just want it to drive like a modern car instead of a lumber buggy. DSE seems to have a good reputation, nothing is set in stone. I've had this car for 24 years and like the pro tour setups. It's just going to be a Friday night, car show car that will run down the 1/4 mile once or twice a year. I'll eventually to a LS swap.
    Suggestions are welcome.

I understand. From the best i can tell the DSE stuff seems marketed and manufactured for road course people. Ive heard good things as well. However, I havent personally seen or know anyone with this quadralink rear setup. Just internet posts and such. It looks interesting though. Ill actually be looking to purchase another 2nd gen sometime this year if you ever run across any decent or nice ones for sale. The one i have now is a straight line car and travels by way of trailer lol Good luck to you.

Same with me, just Internet hype. I did call and talk to one of their guys. He claims with their complete line of parts iy will ride and handle like a 5th gen On the street. Make some adjustments and run the 1/4 or auto x. It's stock now with a mild 350. Ran a best of 13.2 at Stanton

Thread Information