Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: what to do ? , car dealer issue

I'd still file a report with the state. I wouldn't let them off that easy. I reported a B lot once for not getting me the plate or title for over 6 months on a Cherokee Sport back in the 90's (it still had a lien on it and he gave me temp plates over and over and over...)
    I bitched to the state and the dealer was shut down a few weeks later maybe a few days after he automagically got me my plate and title. A buddy of mine was actually at the dealer when it got raided and shut down.
    Sick of cars.

There are certain things a dealer can and cant do. A zip tie is not a proper fix and in the event of an accident, the dealer and the technician would be held accountable legally. Lawsuit and/or jail time plus loss of MI mech license. Its simply not worth it sometimes (in todays sue-happy world) to do the simple fix if there is any risk involved. Glad you figured it out and got it fixed though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    There are certain things a dealer can and cant do. A zip tie is not a proper fix and in the event of an accident, the dealer and the technician would be held accountable legally. Lawsuit and/or jail time plus loss of MI mech license. Its simply not worth it sometimes (in todays sue-happy world) to do the simple fix if there is any risk involved. Glad you figured it out and got it fixed though.
    zip tie is just a temp fix , I ordered the actual part to fix the problem the correct way , around 45 bucks from a dealer

Quote Originally Posted by sn95_311 View Post
    zip tie is just a temp fix , I ordered the actual part to fix the problem the correct way , around 45 bucks from a dealer
    Not a bad price. Are you going to have to get the seat calibrated?

Im not sure of the exact process or if it is required for your car. The reason I ask, when I was a tech for Benz, anytime a pass seat was removed it required a calibration for weight and location to determine airbag deployment speed.

It was a huge motherfucker. There was a metal ass and a series of weights that got installed in a certain order then the follow some computer prompts and seat location adjustments etc. Women with huge purses and guys with briefcases would throw them out of calibration all of the time.

Forum Member

No type of calibration required. Unscrew the old one and screw in the new . Plug in conector and your good to go

Thread Information