Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any dog breeder connections?

http://www.simplyelegantfarms.com/do...s/default.aspx. get her a french bull dog, a lil pricey but if you want one i can get you hooked up.

Do your homework on the breed. Don't rely on breeders info. Ask for clearances for eyes, hips, etc. Ideally, you want a breeder who doesn't have both parents on site, and does only a handful of breedings a year. Look at the requirements if you can't care for the dog...if they're willing to take the dog back that's a good sign.

We did our research for almost a year before deciding on a breeder, where we waited almost another year for a litter. Best of luck.

meet your best friend at the Detroit zoo is coming up.. you could take your little girl and give a dog a home that deserves it rather than filling some puppy mill's pockets..

Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
    meet your best friend at the Detroit zoo is coming up.. you could take your little girl and give a dog a home that deserves it rather than filling some puppy mill's pockets..
    Not all breeders operate puppy mills.
    That said, why anyone would want a barking house plant is beyond me.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I'd rethink the T cup idea for your young daughter.

http://terriblyterrier.com/teacup-yorkie/
    "If it Flys, Floats or F**ks...RENT IT'.

"I own Firearms and a Backhoe"

"Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein"

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    Doesn't matter to me, just want to see the smile on my baby girls face
    It should matter to you! People who don't do their research are the reason puppy mills are still around. Puppy mill dogs can have a ton of health problems which can end up costing you a lot of money or put another dog in a shelter/rescue. A breeder should not have both parents there. Look on petfinder.com. You can input the breed/size/age of a dog you are looking for. You might be able to rescue a dog and save some money and a life. There are TONS of dogs out there that need homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggirl02 View Post
    It should matter to you! People who don't do their research are the reason puppy mills are still around. Puppy mill dogs can have a ton of health problems which can end up costing you a lot of money or put another dog in a shelter/rescue. A breeder should not have both parents there. Look on petfinder.com. You can input the breed/size/age of a dog you are looking for. You might be able to rescue a dog and save some money and a life. There are TONS of dogs out there that need homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Well said. Not only can puppy mill dogs have a ton of health problems, but so can purebreds. Most purebred dogs out there are predisposed to something since they are all descendants of a single pair of dogs. Selective breeding of any species, regardless if it's a dog, cat, bird, plant, etc, will result in some form of genetic disorder or predisposition to disease and other health problems if no new genetic material is added to successive generations. This is why purebred dogs and cats are prone to health issues, because not changing the genetic material over time just amplifies the likelihood something will happen.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Agreed! my next pup will be coming from pet finder. hopefully will be soon too

not to mention a puppy mill will rape you.

My friends yorkie poo came from a puppy mill and she paid around 1600.

Myla died like 3 weeks ago at 8 years old. She had health problems for a lot of her life.

I mean, it doesn't take a lot of work to research a puppy mill and why they are horrendous and do not deserve a dime. It's the industrial era sweat shop. Wrong on every level.

A good breeder will probably cost you less initially and probably cost you less in the long haul.

Thread Information