Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any dog breeder connections?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggirl02 View Post
    It should matter to you! People who don't do their research are the reason puppy mills are still around. Puppy mill dogs can have a ton of health problems which can end up costing you a lot of money or put another dog in a shelter/rescue. A breeder should not have both parents there. Look on petfinder.com. You can input the breed/size/age of a dog you are looking for. You might be able to rescue a dog and save some money and a life. There are TONS of dogs out there that need homes.
    I'm not concerned about rescuing a dog, saving a dogs life etc. My daughter wants a specific dog and that specific dog she will get, I appreciate everyones concern.
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked View Post
    I don't post much but feel My experience might help.

Shipping puppies/dogs is common practice and while it might be hard to wrap your head around, $10k+ dogs travel internationally in cargo space often.

However- especially since the desired breed is so small, many airlines will allow you to carry it on for free, so for cheaper then shipping, you can fly and pick your puppy up at the airport and hold it on the plane on the way home.
    I took your advice and bought a plane ticket to LA this weekend, it seems that is the only place I've made a good connection with a breeder

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    I'm not concerned about rescuing a dog, saving a dogs life etc. My daughter wants a specific dog and that specific dog she will get, I appreciate everyones concern.
    My coworker has that mentality...she has been through 4 dogs and thousands of dollars in just as many years because they don't end up being viewed as a companion but instead viewed as an object. Sad life for a dog to live, feel bad for the poor things. Not trying to sound like a dick, but maybe you should try a goldfish or something easier to take care of with your daughter first. Most kids that want a specific breed of anything aren't doing it for companionship, but to one-up their friends.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My coworker has that mentality...she has been through 4 dogs and thousands of dollars in just as many years because they don't end up being viewed as a companion but instead viewed as an object. Sad life for a dog to live, feel bad for the poor things. Not trying to sound like a dick, but maybe you should try a goldfish or something easier to take care of with your daughter first. Most kids that want a specific breed of anything aren't doing it for companionship, but to one-up their friends.
    I understand your view, she is responsible enough to handle a dog . I'm not an "animal" person and I am in no way taking care of it, I doubt she is trying to one up her friends but thanks

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

My coworker has that mentality...she has been through 4 dogs and thousands of dollars in just as many years because they don't end up being viewed as a companion but instead viewed as an object. Sad life for a dog to live, feel bad for the poor things.
    +1..
    Dogs are animals and part of a family, not just an object that looks pretty. They are work, dedication and commitment. I can only hope that there are more people out there that DO care about saving a life and not just buying a "designer dog" because its the trendy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggirl02 View Post
    +1..
    Dogs are animals and part of a family, not just an object that looks pretty. They are work, dedication and commitment. I can only hope that there are more people out there that DO care about saving a life and not just buying a "designer dog" because its the trendy thing to do.
    Not to mention how poorly trained those dogs end up being. Those are the dogs always barking, always pissing and shitting in the house, and have owners that are easily frustrated because they have no clue how to train and raise a dog. Those are the dogs that get put down due to uneducated owners. They think it's the dogs fault for being an asshole, but it's nothing more than a negligent and lazy owner. Fuck it, they have a furry object they can carry in their purse and dress up with those cute dog clothes.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Not to mention how poorly trained those dogs end up being. Those are the dogs always barking, always pissing and shitting in the house, and have owners that are easily frustrated because they have no clue how to train and raise a dog. Those are the dogs that get put down due to uneducated owners. They think it's the dogs fault for being an asshole, but it's nothing more than a negligent and lazy owner. Fuck it, they have a furry object they can carry in their purse and dress up with those cute dog clothes.
    happens to yorkies all the time. people are so fooled by their looks that they have no idea what they're in for.

Another thing you and your daughter should be prepared for is the cost of health care for animals. Specifically, unexpected health care or emergency treatment. My wife and I just spent $1800 on emergency surgery for our golden for a stomach obstruction.

Thread Information