Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alright Motown... Who can help?

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by kovacs32 View Post
    I may have a line on an aluminum ramp if it's proper size.
    Nice! That might be the way to go... free or cost involved?
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    money sent
    Thanks!!
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

We're at $240 guys. Great job. $10 more and we're done.

I'm out of town, but I'll be back Monday afternoon. We can work something out for pickup then.

Sending $10 now..

Thanks guys!

I picked up the regular chair from DennisH today and dropped it off for him. He was very grateful. As you can imagine he said the mechanic stool didn't really work that well.

When I went in there today he was laying on the bed and couldn't get up. I told him about the plan to build a ramp next weekend and he said "well let's see how it goes... I don't know if I need that yet.". Stubborn/proud, I guess.

And here's where it gets uncomfortable...

I knew what I was in for as soon as I walked in the house. I could smell it. He had defecated on himself in the bed and she wasn't able to move him. She had his pants off and his underwear half cut away. I will spare you the details, but I manned up and helped.

It's becoming clear that the chair might be the least of his concerns? I don't want to upset him, but I have to wonder how much she can do for him at this point? I don't know if I should butt out... or intervene further?
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 05-22-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Really depends on how you approach the situation, as it's a delicate balance..I would raise my concerns with the situation respectfully and just inform them of the services that may be available to them and how it may alleviate some of the burden they are experiencing.
    Last edited by ajg87; 05-22-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Money received. We've met the goal of $250, I'll get with Detroit style when I get back to arrange pickup.

Thanks everyone.

Great news! I am sure he is doing mch better with the regular chair for the immediate time being. The motorized chair will be a huge deal for him.

Thanks again to everybody who donated and offered to help out.

I have told him we will see how he does this week and discuss the ramp in about a week.

I will probably go over and check on him Tue/Wed and let you guys know. If we do end up building the ramp (I think he needs it), again, plan on hanging out next door at my house for at least a few minutes for beer, pop, burgers and hot dogs!

Thumbs up

I almost hate to say it, but It looks like these folks are going to be
    needing a lot of help. You guys are awesome for what you're doing!

Perhaps you can contact a social worker & find out what support
    services are available for these dear folks. I'm thinking Meals on
    Wheels & other services, wife needs some domestic help with him.

Also, Ignite Church in town (right around the corner) dose a really
    nice food give-away every Saturday from 10am to noon.

I'm not sure what I can do, but I hope to help out in some way.
    Keep us posted on the situation.

I hate to put it out there... but when I was in their house I couldn't help but notice what appeared to be bills all over the kitchen table. I am sure they are struggling. I'm not asking for any more help than MM has already generously offered and provided... just a little input/guidance. I have begun some early research into programs that assist. What else can be done here?

He is not a veteran that I know of, but they need help. I will contact meals on wheels and see what else can be done? I suspect their water may be shut off, so I'm going to the city on Tuesday to ask about that too...

Thread Information