Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a 2007 Yukon Denali .... High Mile Concerns/Problems? School me!

Club Member

Default Looking for a 2007 Yukon Denali .... High Mile Concerns/Problems? School me!

Looking for a tow vehicle and I've run across a few nice high mileage 2007+ Yukon Denali with the 6.2l and 6 speed transmission. Yes, I can buy way more vehicle than I need due to high miles, but I'd like the added hp, extra gear with the 6 speed, and bigger brakes. The 2002 Suburban 5.3 couldn't pull 70 mph in OD with an open car trailer, not to mention the weak brakes.

Any issues or problems with the 6.2 and 6 speed auto transmissions? Rebuild cost for the 6 speed trans?
    Are the front gears weak same as the 99-06' years? The ones I found are AWD.

School me please!

Wheel bearings, motor mounts, front and rear shocks will all give you issues if they have not been done.
    Steve Frankiewicz
    President. Frankiewicz Financial
    313-701-2771
    NMLS 164041/130290
    Equal housing lender.

wheel bearings, rear calipers like to weld them selves in place, if it has MDS tune it out,

Pm ttypex1 he has one for sale.

Club Member

The parts look cheap, bearings, calipers, no biggie.
    Searching online I didn't find anything too telling or any major issues.

Father-in-law has a 2008 Denali. He's had bad wheel bearings, almost every door lock actuator has failed, something with the motorized rear hatch screwed up where it wouldn't use the motor to open/ close. The door hinges squeak and will squeak 3 days after lubricating them. I think is rear auto leveling shocks no longer auto level anymore as well.

That being said, its not all that bad of a truck. I probably would've bought it but it is out of the price range we wanted to spend and he didn't want to cut us a crazy deal. The power is awesome, but the trans tune sucks bigtime when stock. If I would have bought it, it would have had a tune with in 20 minutes of signing the title.

You could also look at the 2000-2006 Denalis as well. They got the 6.0 but was still a 4-speed so it would have a more power than the 5.3. When I was looking at these, it seemed that they all came with 3.73 gear instead of 3.42 which I saw in almost every tahoe.

220$ a piece wheel bearings are cheap?
    Manifold studs might be broken off. Defrost wire on back window hatch likes to break off.
    Front end will need all new inner outer tie rods, shocks, ect if is has the clunk.
    Drive trains are solid. Oh and check the ride type, if it's air.or Wgat ever leveling thing... ... Might be bout ready to go.
    And 12mpg

I have an 08 Escalade ESV and really like it. I bought it with 44k on it and now have almost 100k. Like others have said, wheel bearings will go. My first one went at around 75k and the second I replaced around 85k just to be safe. One front shock was leaking at 95k - at that time I just bought all new control arms, shocks and tie rod ends. Front is back to new and rides great. I also agree, the parts are pretty reasonable and the truck is easy to work on. There are a lot of them running around with 200k-300k on them.

BTW, I think you can buy a new trans on gmpartsdirect for like $2,500.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 05cesrt View Post
    220$ a piece wheel bearings are cheap?
    Manifold studs might be broken off. Defrost wire on back window hatch likes to break off.
    Front end will need all new inner outer tie rods, shocks, ect if is has the clunk.
    Drive trains are solid. Oh and check the ride type, if it's air.or Wgat ever leveling thing... ... Might be bout ready to go.
    And 12mpg
    MPG and Air Ride are expensive, Timken wheel bearings are $110 each, cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmiblackz28 View Post
    Timken wheel bearings are $110 each, cheap.
    Yep. Don't get the cheap shit or it'll be a monthly job
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information