Thread: Custom turbo kit for 99-06 GM trucks (used)

Club Member

Default Custom turbo kit for 99-06 GM trucks (used)

First off, if you are looking to keep your AC, this is probably not for you. You can probably re-route the lines and (maybe) be good to go. Also, this has a 5" downpipe (there are two of them that come with this setup.) I traded a Whipple blower setup for this late last year. It's a pretty nice setup, the piping was done by Morgan Performance Fabrication in Birmingham, AL, and the turbo was built by Reed of Work Turbocharger (it is a Borg Warner S482). Compressor housing is powdercoated black. It is set up for dual 50mm wastegates, but you will need ones with a narrower base than the ones I bought for it. It has a brand new 50mm BOV as seen in the pics.

The guy I got this from had it on a RCSB 4WD pickup with a ladder rack. His name on PerformanceTrucks is Atomic, and he's got a whole thread on this setup. He was running almost 6 seconds in the 1/8th with a forged 402. This setup makes power.

Here is what is included in this setup:

S482 turbo (T6 flange)
    Wrapped, customized truck exhaust manifolds, all V-bands except for the turbo to manifold that uses 4 bolts
    Wrapped crossover pipe
    Wastegate dump tubes
    5" downpipe, V-band
    Intercooler
    Piping from turbo to IC
    Piping from IC to TB (has fittings for IAT, meth nozzles, BOV mount)
    Tial 50mm BOV
    Short air filter for turbo
    Turbo blanket
    Additional 5" downpipe, requires a 6" hole out the passenger fender

You will need a pair of 50mm wastegates, and oil feed and drain lines to complete the setup.

$4400 OBO, cash only, not looking for trades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Volkswagen CC
    Not stock

That looks sweet! How much power does it make on pump gas? I would also imagine the factory trans might not hold up real well to this?
    Hoping to actually drive my car next year.

Club Member

I know on a mix of pump gas and C16, while spraying a lot of meth (I don't know how much a lot is), it made 958/1022 (1009/1081 corrected) on a dyno at 25 psi. And that would annihilate a 4L60E. A 4L80E could live behind it though, it did in this case. The turbo has an 82mm compressor and a 96mm turbine.
    2010 Volkswagen CC
    Not stock

Quote Originally Posted by GeosRide View Post
    I know on a mix of pump gas and C16, while spraying a lot of meth (I don't know how much a lot is), it made 958/1022 (1009/1081 corrected) on a dyno at 25 psi. And that would annihilate a 4L60E. A 4L80E could live behind it though, it did in this case. The turbo has an 82mm compressor and a 96mm turbine.
    I figured, a little too big for my 03' Yukon LOL
    Hoping to actually drive my car next year.

Club Member

Bump.

Thread Information