Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of long term projects are you not working on....?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    RV pulling a camper...guessing you arent a believer in tiny houses either.lol
    I was testing the brake controller. haha.

It was faster than getting the boat out which is still buried out back since winterizing and definitely faster than putting something on top of my car hauler so it weighed enough to really test it.

Our house isn't that big, 1500sqft and I'd like to try building a tiny house for a guest house. Pull it out in the wood somewhere and let people stay in it. Whenever people are staying with us our house feels really small.

Its been a long summer of tinkering.

The 69 mustang needs some tweaking but the 51 F1 has been a pain in my ass. I was having a fuel starvation issue if the tank was less than 1/2 full and I was accelerating or turning. I ended up ordering a new fuel tank and changed the line setup. The new tank is from Tanks Inc and is baffled plus the 340 lph pump and different filter setup should help me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Yes, or Anchorman, but instead with a .040" over full roller fool injected 1 7/8" primaried ARPed Cadillac 500. Passes everything but the gas station.

Should have used a less wild cam, only pulls 11" at 975rpm so it's got a a vacuum pump off a CTS for the brakes. But then FWD burnouts might not be possible.
    that is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Its been a long summer of tinkering.

The 69 mustang needs some tweaking but the 51 F1 has been a pain in my ass. I was having a fuel starvation issue if the tank was less than 1/2 full and I was accelerating or turning. I ended up ordering a new fuel tank and changed the line setup. The new tank is from Tanks Inc and is baffled plus the 340 lph pump and different filter setup should help me a bit.
    I am having this same issue on my 67 since I went with FiTech. I have a new Stainless fuel tank with return but I know these OE style tanks on my car are not really baffled. I need to figure out a new Pickup tube method. I am running a good high flow Bosch 044 pump but under high acceleration the F.I. falls on its face if I am under 1/2 tank of gas.
    Last edited by Krazybones; 08-31-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    ****MATT*****

What are you guys running that wasn't working? I was going to get one of those Holley EFI pump modules that is supposed to be a drop-in replacement on my 81 TTA project. It looks like holley is using some crazy big fuel absorbing mats in their kits now.

-Geoff
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 08-31-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    I am having this same issue on my 67 since I went with FiTech. I have a new Stainless fuel tank with return but I know these OE style tanks on my car are not really baffled. I need to figure out a new Pickup tube method. I am running a good high flow Bosch 044 pump but under high acceleration the F.I. falls on its face if I am under 1/2 tank of gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    What are you guys running that wasn't working? I was going to get one of those Holley EFI pump modules that is supposed to be a drop-in replacement on my 81 TTA project. It looks like holley is using some crazy big fuel absorbing mats in their kits now.

-Geoff
    I haven't finished the build yet (waiting on fittings). But I had a walboro inline pump and a Earl's inline filter on the 1969 Mustang style tank for my 51 F1. I used the stock sender/pickup tube and had high RPM sputtering. I did find some debris in the filter (it's rebuildable). My fuel pressure was fine and volume seemed ok when revving it in the garage. Under load/in motion was a different story. It'd stumble and you'd pull off the throttle then get back into it and it would clear up a bit but you couldn't WOT it. It got progressively worse.

I'm going to use a C4 Corvette filter because it's $10 and readily available. It's got M16x1.5 threads so I'm waiting for my fittings.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I also went with a company called Hot Rod Fuel Hose. For 40 feet of -6 hose and 8 fittings it was $250 shipped. Its also PTFE lined so it's good for E85 if I choose to go that route.

I'm using my truck ass guinea pig for the 69 Mustang. I plan to go with a Fitech or Holley Sniper and possibly E85.

A little update,

I got the tank and lines fab'd up. No leaks, this truck is a monster now. I need to add seat belts for sure. I just did a 1/8 mile burnout in "Mexico".... its almost scary now.

With that said, I will be buying an HP Tuners suit to mod my stock 01 PCM so I can get rid of the 03 Cobra PCM.

Club Member

Cool Mike sounds fun!

Thread Information