Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last challenger rolled off line today, oh yeah think those ugly Camaros too had last too

Default Last challenger rolled off line today, oh yeah think those ugly Camaros too had last too

The end
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Yea, it sucks. I don't care what your chosen brand is. It still sucks.

I just bought a 23 Camaro in July so I could get one to last me a while. My 2016 only had 30k miles on the clock, but I want to have a Camaro for the next 20 years, and the 7 year age difference was important. I did investigate Mustangs - as it seems Ford has no plans to scrap the V8 any time soon. But when I built out a loaded convertible V8 Auto with magnetic ride suspension, it was literally another $10k on top of a similar Camaro. Probably had a better stereo, but I figured I better pull the trigger now.

Either way, trucks included, if you want anything with a V8 past about 2032 that isn't hybrid, it is time to start some serious shopping. I am giving myself three years to pay off the Camaro (thank God for a sky high value on my 2016!), then it is time for "Last truck" shopping. The V8 stuff is already scarce on the new lots, so it isn't going to be any better in 10 years even if you are buying used.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

My buddy got a 23 Camaro said last year for employee discount for them too
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Last Hemi challenger
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    My buddy got a 23 Camaro said last year for employee discount for them too
    Yea, I was worried about the strike so I decided to order a 23, but the word was that GM was going to block the employee pricing on the 24s, so I am glad I did. Still, I ordered in February and didn't get it until July. Pretty much just glad I got it!

-Geoff

This year is the start of not being able to get the vehicle you want, but to get the vehicle that the government wants you to drive. California is already blocking sales of Jeeps due to emissions. That strategy is going to be coming to a dealership near you very soon. The government is going to claim that they are not blocking them, that it is up to the manufacturer to make vehicles that comply. And they are trying to pull the 2035 EPA regs ahead to 2032 right now, which will usher it in even faster.

You think it is bad now with most pickups going to smaller engines - then check this out. Starting in 2027 or 28, expect every pickup to be fitted with a diesel style exhaust that requires an additive to cut down and burn off particulates. Gas powered stuff is going to get more and more expensive, until at some point the tech doesn't even exist to meet the emissions requirements. That is how they are going to ban it completely. This isn't a conspiracy theory either, it is published regulations. And it is only going to get worse as EVs don't sell - and they aren't selling near as fast as they need to.

All I got to say is - if you don't like it, please don't vote for democrats, and encourage your friends and family to do likewise. They are going to happily kill the big 3 by 2040.

-Geoff

We have particulate filters on gas engines already
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Yep the inline 6 charger prob will happen
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Yep the inline 6 charger prob will happen
    Should rename it the Chunker.

As much as I have always been a Chevy guy, I have been looking as Mustangs more recently.... probably at least partly that now I am eligible for A-plan.. but ending the Camaro pretty much garanttees it, so I'll probably by a Mustang in the next couple years
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Thread Information