Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of long term projects are you not working on....?

Club Member

Lmao. My whole life is an unfinished project. Typically lose interest before I finish. Sometimes even in bed. But I was thinking that mm should pull together. There are a lot of good dudes on here and if we all pitched in we could wrap some projects up. Not just car ones either. Maybe someone starts a thread to nominate project of the month. And after a vote or something we all pitch in to do it. I have bought or sold parts to a few guys on here and many have said thing like "oh i just have to save for the motor mounts and then it's done". Or stupid little things like that. If all I had to do was a day's hard labor to help a guy get his multi year project on the road to enjoy I would for sure. Especially if it meant that the same help could come my way one day. Just saying, I have been on aloft of forums and this group really seems to be close and willing to help. Maybe we could combine forces and really do some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikcat View Post
    My backyard... Builders built a grade into my yard and it leads into a ditch making it unusable for my kids. All I put drainage tubes in the ditch and some pea gravel and that's about it. ID like to relevel the yard but too many other big projects this year...and finishing putting the trim panels back in my 88 rx7.
    You should've had that done this weekend!

My fairmont wagon. But just spent a few hours last night on it and got it rolling

1962 impala. 1986 Omni glht 1989 dodge caravan turbo.
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

1991 Kawasaki ZX-7R... the k model race bike, it's been sitting for a year. It's an electrical issue and I hate electrical
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Forum Member

My grandpas old 1932 Chevy.

-Rob

This is a 69 Fastback, it's getting built from the ground up, custom frame, suspension, etc. It's a restomod/pro touring car but it has more of a drag flavor than most of them. The wheels are 17" but it has really big drag radials on the back and smaller tires up front. Also, it will have boost and probably close to or over 1000hp.

We're mocking it up with a Coyote engine and 4R70w trans, but it may end up with a twin turbo 3v mod motor out of my other car. Haven't decided which one yet.

87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Raj....fucking sick man.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by afolk83 View Post
    Lmao. My whole life is an unfinished project. Typically lose interest before I finish. Sometimes even in bed. But I was thinking that mm should pull together. There are a lot of good dudes on here and if we all pitched in we could wrap some projects up. Not just car ones either. Maybe someone starts a thread to nominate project of the month. And after a vote or something we all pitch in to do it. I have bought or sold parts to a few guys on here and many have said thing like "oh i just have to save for the motor mounts and then it's done". Or stupid little things like that. If all I had to do was a day's hard labor to help a guy get his multi year project on the road to enjoy I would for sure. Especially if it meant that the same help could come my way one day. Just saying, I have been on aloft of forums and this group really seems to be close and willing to help. Maybe we could combine forces and really do some good.

That is actually a pretty damn good idea.

Maybe a club meeting at the members house and go Overhaulin style on it lol. Wrap shit up in hours as opposed to weeks/months/years.

the other plus side in that is: it will breathe life and interest into the owner. I know I usually get very motivated to finish projects if others are waiting to see it when its done.

Quote Originally Posted by twotwoturbo View Post
    1962 impala. 1986 Omni glht 1989 dodge caravan turbo.
    I have an 86' GLH in the garage too. Needs attention Not many people know about these anymore.

Thread Information