Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of long term projects are you not working on....?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2B8 View Post
    You should've had that done this weekend!
    Lol..your right!! In my subconscious I know if I finish the little bits of the car I won't let it go but my wife will make me sell it. My way of holding on...but I know I need to eventually let it go for the shed and cougar project. Speaking of which soon....goes that garage cleaning going??

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikcat View Post
    Lol..your right!! In my subconscious I know if I finish the little bits of the car I won't let it go but my wife will make me sell it. My way of holding on...but I know I need to eventually let it go for the shed and cougar project. Speaking of which soon....goes that garage cleaning going??
    Just do what every other car guy does..... List it for some silly price and tell the wife that nobody is interested in looking at the car.

Working on a 63 fairlane and a 1991 mustang gt that i need front fenders for. It just seems that when the motivation is there the money and the tine are missing. And when i have time im on the couch watching tv lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikcat View Post
    The garage cleaning didn't happen, I just ended up filling it with more stuff from my storage unit. I did put a few things up for sale though, hope to make some room if I can get this stuff gone.

77 corvette and a 71 Harley Davidson Ironhead

Quote Originally Posted by afolk83 View Post
    Lmao. My whole life is an unfinished project. Typically lose interest before I finish. Sometimes even in bed. But I was thinking that mm should pull together. There are a lot of good dudes on here and if we all pitched in we could wrap some projects up. Not just car ones either. Maybe someone starts a thread to nominate project of the month. And after a vote or something we all pitch in to do it. I have bought or sold parts to a few guys on here and many have said thing like "oh i just have to save for the motor mounts and then it's done". Or stupid little things like that. If all I had to do was a day's hard labor to help a guy get his multi year project on the road to enjoy I would for sure. Especially if it meant that the same help could come my way one day. Just saying, I have been on aloft of forums and this group really seems to be close and willing to help. Maybe we could combine forces and really do some good.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    That is actually a pretty damn good idea.

Maybe a club meeting at the members house and go Overhaulin style on it lol. Wrap shit up in hours as opposed to weeks/months/years.

the other plus side in that is: it will breathe life and interest into the owner. I know I usually get very motivated to finish projects if others are waiting to see it when its done.
    We used to sort of do that on here, if someone had a project they needed help with, you could guarantee there would be a group of guys there the next weekend. It still happens, just in the small sub-groups that have formed.

1986 GMC Sierra
    1996 GMC Jimmy
    1986 Winner Escape boat

I'll probably never get them done.
    I like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by adidasvette16 View Post
    77 corvette and a 71 Harley Davidson Ironhead
    pics of harley
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Ha, my car has been sitting with the dash partially removed for over a year. Don't you love taking a running driving car and immobilizing it long term in your garage in the name of modification?

Working on the house before the baby gets here.
    Past Toys: 88 Dakota SE / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby Shadow CSX-T / 95 Taurus SHO / 92 Capri XR2 / 86 Mustang GT.

Current Ride: 2018 Ford Focus SEL Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    All of my issues were pre-consumption, but they definitely lead to consumption.

Thread Information