Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-1 concourse

Forum Member

Default M-1 concourse

Looks like a cool place to hang out wonder if this setup is only gonna be available for the car people that have lots of money and drive lambo's.

Quote Originally Posted by punnisher View Post
    Looks like a cool place to hang out wonder if this setup is only gonna be available for the car people that have lots of money and drive lambo's.
    Gold Chain Heaven besides its going to have a road course ... were almost all drag racers

Ultimately it's nice to have any additional automotive related activities in town, but I still highly doubt the race track portion ends up as more than an extended driveway. There are no "sound restrictions for now" but you know how that's gonna end up the first time anything but a squadron of Priuses goes out there.

The concept has worked in several other places, and they probably didn't get this carrot....

Brownfield Work Plan:

MSF approved $7,963,274 in local and school tax capture for the Oakland County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority to redevelop 80 acres of property in downtown Pontiac for the redevelopment of the vacant GM Pontiac Validation Center property. The tax increment revenue will be used to alleviate brownfield conditions at the site and for demolition, site preparation and infrastructure improvements. The property is owned by M1 Concourse, LLC. The completed project will include a car condominium and demonstration track for car owners in the metro Detroit area, as well as a restaurant, events center, and retail stores. The project will generate a total capital investment of $45 million and create 95 jobs. The Oakland County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority is seeking $5.2 million in reimbursement from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for environmental activities related to the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

It says there is a third of a mile straightaway on the course, so you figure someone is going to mark of an 1/8 mile and probably a quarter within a day or so of it's opening.

They must be doing something right, the first section is completely sold out, and the second phase is almost there. I would be interested in something like this in a city where you would go vacation - like Miami or LA. Not sure if I would need two places around here.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

I guess if you can afford the $150k to get the smaller of the two 'garages' to store you car, it'll be your cup of tea...but it definitely caters to those who can afford to play there. A buddy of mine was there for the groundbreaking last week with his buddy with a Lambo...so that likely speaks for itself.

And if I had $150k-$250k extra lying around...I'd be improving my own building...on my own property.

...and that just gets you a bare garage. The models displayed made the garages look like homes with the cars parked inside. It's a condo you can park your car in. They were $110,000 a few months ago.

01 Black on Black Trans Am WS-6... hrrmmmmmmm it might be a barn find????

Cool

Two used units currently selling @ 395K & 900K.

I knew those were going to be a great investment,
    should have tried for one of those when they were
    only starting at 100K.

https://m1concourse.com/garage-resales/

We were just price shopping the garages at work, talking about all chipping in and making it a party/car hangout.

However, maybe we should up the club dues and get a Motown garage.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Two used units currently selling @ 395K & 900K.

I knew those were going to be a great investment,
    should have tried for one of those when they were
    only starting at 100K.

https://m1concourse.com/garage-resales/
    The one that is selling for $395K you can buy new for $165 or so... the issue is you need to fully furnish and build it out. I bet that guy LOST money on the sale.

Thread Information