http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-R300X...eywords=r300x4

I was going to run these 3.5's in the 4x6 slot
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2JVCW1GQY516A

I was going to run 6x9 adapters to these 6.5's
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1AUFI5NHGNZ61

This is the sub I was thinking about
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thoughts?
    No pun but that sub is 100% garbage..You'll be very happy with a single 8" American Bass XD8 even in a small Pre-fab box and a Rockford Fosgate 500-1 mono block amp..Amp,sub and box are small so won't take up much room at all but will hit harder than some 12's ..The rest for interiors look good...

In my 69 camaro I got some kenwoods in the dash.
    Boston acoustic 6x9's in the deck and a 10" kenwood sub in the trunk. Kenwood box too.

Alpine 500 and alpine 4x 300? Can't remember. Should have just got a 5 channel amp.

Alpine head unit

Sounds damn good to me

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post
    I read the reviews and it was consistently really high. The sub is going to be hidden, so I could care less what it looks like.
    Oops,missed this post.......
    Trust me,DON'T get that sub..I could care less what them reviews say,its 100% garbage and you'll blow it in no time like I saw many times in the past few months..I can get you a 8" American bass sub around $55.00 bucks and they come with 8ga direct leads,box around $50.00 and amp around $150.00 ..Its better to buy once than 2-3 times from garbage quality..Car audio is just like car parts,you get what you pay for..

I got super deep into car audio and just got out a few weeks ago..Been to bass comps,meet ups where everyones shows up ect... ..Them Duel subs let out the magic smoke and will fill the car up with it,then the smell lingers in the car for days...I had 2 of the 8" American bass subs running off a single Rockford Fosgate 500-1 mono block and it blew away all my past Rockford 12's,PPI 12's,Kenwood 12's,Polk db 12's...Just one of them little American Bass 8" will be more than you'll want..Just really would hate to see you buy that Duel sub and kick yourself in the ass down the road or first day because they sound like crap and blow easy...

For the record,im not at all being bias because if I was,I would say get a 8" DC Audio because DC Audio makes the baddest subs to date hands down..This was the single 15" DC I just sold 2 or so weeks ago,subs are sick....

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Oops,missed this post.......
    Trust me,DON'T get that sub..I could care less what them reviews say,its 100% garbage and you'll blow it in no time like I saw many times in the past few months..I can get you a 8" American bass sub around $55.00 bucks and they come with 8ga direct leads,box around $50.00 and amp around $150.00 ..Its better to buy once than 2-3 times from garbage quality..Car audio is just like car parts,you get what you pay for..

I got super deep into car audio and just got out a few weeks ago..Been to bass comps,meet ups where everyones shows up ect... ..Them Duel subs let out the magic smoke and will fill the car up with it,then the smell lingers in the car for days...I had 2 of the 8" American bass subs running off a single Rockford Fosgate 500-1 mono block and it blew away all my past Rockford 12's,PPI 12's,Kenwood 12's,Polk db 12's...Just one of them little American Bass 8" will be more than you'll want..Just really would hate to see you buy that Duel sub and kick yourself in the ass down the road or first day because they sound like crap and blow easy...

For the record,im not at all being bias because if I was,I would say get a 8" DC Audio because DC Audio makes the baddest subs to date hands down..This was the single 15" DC I just sold 2 or so weeks ago,subs are sick....
    Is it better to get a sealed or ported box? I want a really small box, would that work with the American bass 8" woofer? What about the comp version? It is only $50 more http://www.amazon.com/American-Bass-...merican+bass+8

is this the amp? http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...rd+fosgate+500

What is the best way to mount? Should the speaker be pointed towards the back or front?

Is it better to get a sealed or ported box? I want a really small box, would that work with the American bass 8" woofer?
    The box depends on the driver you're using. Some drivers are made to work in sealed boxes, and some are not. A driver in the wrong box will perform poorly. For a smaller box, you're probably going to end up with something ported. The port is tuned in order to augment frequencies lower than the sub driver can play loudly. Smaller enclosures produce a smaller sound, and vise versa. The correct port size is necessary. Too small, and you get what's called chuffing. When a port is chuffing, it's too restrictive and you can actually hear the air moving in and out. Too large, and a more hollow sound is heard. The driver manufacturer should state what sort of enclosure is needed for best performance.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The box depends on the driver you're using. Some drivers are made to work in sealed boxes, and some are not. A driver in the wrong box will perform poorly. For a smaller box, you're probably going to end up with something ported. The port is tuned in order to augment frequencies lower than the sub driver can play loudly. Smaller enclosures produce a smaller sound, and vise versa. The correct port size is necessary. Too small, and you get what's called chuffing. When a port is chuffing, it's too restrictive and you can actually hear the air moving in and out. Too large, and a more hollow sound is heard. The driver manufacturer should state what sort of enclosure is needed for best performance.
    Going to have to disagree majorly with this. Sealed boxes are almost always smaller for car subwoofers. My RF Powers require a 1.25'cu sealed and 2'cu ported PLUS port displacement. This is typical across the board. Generally speaking, sealed boxes are smaller, more forgiving, and sound better while ported boxes are louder, especially near the frequency they're tuned to. If space is an issue, a super efficient 10" in a sealed box will be your best bet.

personally I like 10" subs for tight bass beats.
    my '66 is sound deadened with ice shield and is getting two 10". But my wife does not like a lot of bass, so I'll have the remote hooked up to a toggle switch to turn the sub amp on and off.
    Otherwise, I'll have two kicker 3.5" in the dash. 5.25" or 6.5" in the doors and probably 6.5" in rear.
    two amps: one 4 channel with 2 channels running the fronts and 2 running the rears.
    Audio control (old school) cross over for everything.
    audio control spatial controller (just because I have it laying around).

It won't be a competition system, but I'm more interested in quality of sound over quantity of decibels.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Quote Originally Posted by RBOD View Post
    Going to have to disagree majorly with this. Sealed boxes are almost always smaller for car subwoofers. My RF Powers require a 1.25'cu sealed and 2'cu ported PLUS port displacement. This is typical across the board. Generally speaking, sealed boxes are smaller, more forgiving, and sound better while ported boxes are louder, especially near the frequency they're tuned to. If space is an issue, a super efficient 10" in a sealed box will be your best bet.
    Ahhhh. I was thinking in terms of speaker cabinets and not subwoofer cabinets. Thanks for the correction.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Is it better to get a sealed or ported box? I want a really small box, would that work with the American bass 8" woofer? What about the comp version? It is only $50 more http://www.amazon.com/American-Bass-...merican+bass+8

is this the amp? http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...rd+fosgate+500

What is the best way to mount? Should the speaker be pointed towards the back or front?
    All the newer subs (American Bass,Sundown,DC Audio,Rockford,Crossfire ect...) are more built for ported boxes..Times have changed over the years and these newer subs handle well over rater power..My DC Audio is rated at 1500W RMS and I was hitting it daily with 2500W RMS,sub will over time rip a sealed box apart as the American Bass subs will do the same..These newer subs have anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches of excursion which means the cone area moves in/out that far,not very nice to a sealed box lol..
    That American Bass VFL 8" is a bad ass sub,one of the top 8" subs to date ..It will work perfect in a small ported box and the smaller the box,the more power you can put to it..
    That American Bass VFL8 Comp is a 400W RMS sub and it will take 600W RMS daily all day long,you'll love it on that Rockford amp..Perfect match..

Heres my American Bass XD8's on a Rockford 500-1 mono block..Subs were underpowered and you can see it shook the hell out of my whole car..Super clean bass and sounds awesome so that one VFL8 on 500W RMS will sound killer...Im pretty sure I can get you a better deal on that VFL8...

Heres a very good example ...Look at how small the box is and watch the excursion,hes only hitting it with 200W RMS lol ...These are some bad ass/nasty little subs and are super clean in power,sound ect.. ..Just one on that Rockford amp will sound like two 12's,they are little monsters ..

Thread Information