Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: UAW contract negotiations

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 89-LX View Post

And who said break the rules? Sometime they have the wrong number written down, or the person didn't like what they think of a situation and get in trouble for it. Union protects them. It's not about breaking the rules, it's about making a mistake and being a human. I was actually threatened to be fired at my job, because when I called the scheduling department to inform them I was sick, they put me on hold for 5 minutes. Then called me, said they have an assignment and to report. When I said I'm sick and can't, they marked me as unable to work, because I was told that I was given an assignment before I said I was sick. The union kept my job and argued for me.
    Sorry about that... I was wrong to go to breaking the rules.

I guess I went there because I've never worked at a place, where I had to worry about getting fired for a little mistake.

I also cant imagine any employer letting a good employee go for making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper302 View Post
    Sorry about that... I was wrong to go to breaking the rules.

I guess I went there because I've never worked at a place, where I had to worry about getting fired for a little mistake.

I also cant imagine any employer letting a good employee go for making a mistake.

I will also add in that this was almost 5 years ago, back when we had a complete asshole in charge. He tried to tell me that the company could do some stuff that was in clear violation of federal law, and when I asked for his reference for this because I was refusing it, he called me an asshole. I hung up on him, and never heard from him again on it. We've had two other people in his position since he left, and they both have been awesome. Bad apples come in both aspects, inside the union and outside the union in management. This guy was both, union and in management which made it worse.

So are they going to strike or what?
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Quote Originally Posted by raroz28 View Post
    When I was a contractor at Ford, I felt I was underpaid. I truly believed I was worth more.

I sent my resume out and am now making over 50% more per year not including bonuses and amazing benefits.

Do the same and stop crying. If you think you are underpaid or deserve more and are not happy with your pay, go find another job.

You won't because you cannot.

End of story.

Your company owes you nothing but the pay and benefits that you agreed to.
    I believe and I could be wrong... As a contract employee, they pay an agency and the agency pays the contract house. After contract, you can be agency before you're a direct employee and the payscale is higher (as agency) since it's only going from them to you instead of passing hands again.

I'm a salary non-Union employee, but know from contract to direct the pay almost doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by raroz28 View Post
    Didnt bash him. I just pointed something out that i see a person do that would be a fireable offense anywhere else. But not here. In fact, he won't be in tomorrow because he's striking because he wants more money.
    Hmmm........your a UL or some type of management by the way you talk so let me put this out there. If the guy is sleeping on the job fire him! I work for FCA and I'm a firm believer in working everyday for what I get. I'm a TL and I don't sit down except for breaks. Management is afraid to write someone up so they give some power to the ppl by not having balls. I think the contract was fine and I voted yes and that is the first time I have ever voted yes. I don't agree with what the 2 tier are bitching about. Most of them haven't paid their dues but feel that entitlement as so many young ppl do. I agree with BrianFearGone on your bashing of employees, you seem cocky to me but maybe it's just because it's text
    Mike
    86 Buick GN
    1988 Mustang 347 EFI
    Ice Nine Customs
    Grafik Intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Hmmm........your a UL or some type of management by the way you talk so let me put this out there. If the guy is sleeping on the job fire him! I work for FCA and I'm a firm believer in working everyday for what I get. I'm a TL and I don't sit down except for breaks. Management is afraid to write someone up so they give some power to the ppl by not having balls. I think the contract was fine and I voted yes and that is the first time I have ever voted yes. I don't agree with what the 2 tier are bitching about. Most of them haven't paid their dues but feel that entitlement as so many young ppl do. I agree with BrianFearGone on your bashing of employees, you seem cocky to me but maybe it's just because it's text
    I guess he has never heard the term ( a man as only as good as the people who work for him). If your such a good boss or what ever it is handle your business and get fat boy workin or fired. Good luck lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    It's all a revolving door but I was mostly talking about bashing a 500lb man sleeping on the job on a public forum. Not that I condone sleeping on the job but I'm sure his union steward has a good excuse for why lmfao.
    The ironic thing about that is Google brags about having nap pods. They are making sleeping on the job cool again! I keep asking my boss when we are getting nap pods and he just gives me that look.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Looks like the strike is off again. I can't wait to see whether FCA sweetened the deal or if it was just a re-shuffle.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

All in all I'm glad a strike was averted. Lets hope it stays that way.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    All in all I'm glad a strike was averted. Lets hope it stays that way.
    I agree!

Thread Information