Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1964 Chevelle - Lots of Pics: Continued

Club Member

I ended up selling the factory chassis. I wasn't going to but figured if I ever sell the car, they probably wouldn't want the factory chassis. I am picking up my newly powdercoated chassis sometime today.

In the meantime, this just showed up...I am going to be selling my original steering column. The reason I bought a new one was because I just didn't want to cut the original shaft up because they are getting harder to find nice ones...I blasted and painted the original one a while back..

grr

Club Member

Chassis just showed up . Now I can really begin final assembly...

Club Member

More disappointment with this Schwartz Chassis. This was supposed to be a plug and play, but was far from it. After numerous fixes, I thought everything was fixed, but I was wrong.

The Schwartz chassis interferes with the trunk and won't let me raise the chassis up to the mounts. I have the front mounts located with studs for location.

With something you spend quite a bit of money on, you sort of expect the basics to work, like the chassis to at least fit the body. With the exception of paint, I am doing everything by myself. I am getting older and don't quite have the strength and stamina I did when I was in my 40's or even 50's. Like I said, I took the chassis fitting up into the body for granted. But as the pics show, I was wrong...

While it doesn't seem like much, it really is because the trunk has been painted and I just got the chassis back from the powdercoaters.

grr

Thread Information