Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo V6 1991 Camaro Project

Looks great AND it runs hard?? job well done!

http://www.speedyracer.com/turbo/Tur...Shield-Blanket

These turbo blankets are cheap and mine is holding up well after years of service if you get sick of the rusty turbine look.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thank you! It runs pretty good, I'm happy with what I have put into it. Its nothing crazy, and my butt dyno isn't very accurate, but it feels strong and pulls hard. Having a little issue with keeping my desired boost (wastegate hits and drops from 10 to 6/7 and the car falls on its face) but it pulls hard otherwise. I have new 48lb injectors to install this week since i'm at 83% duty cycle at 10 psi on 36lb injectors. I have been wrapping a Porsche 996 this week so I haven't had much time to myself. As you can see by the time stamp, its 4 am..

Bump... haha

Got the pile of junk out this last week to install weight jacks and some other goodies.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Damn, that's bad ass!! I must've missed this thread the first time around. Nice work!
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thanks man! I just installed some Ground Control weight jacks along with the LS1 front brake upgrade. The car also has a 98' rear end so it now has all LS1 brakes.

Can't wait to get it on the ground and see the new right height with my e38 M-Parallel wheels. Should look like a totally different car!

Hoping it grows a few cylinders by next spring. Haha

Well here is the pile of junk in all it's glory.

Slammed on Ground Control Weight Jacks, e38 BMW Wheels 18x8 et13 front and 18x95 et25 rear, LS1 Front Brake Upgrade from Big Brake Upgrade. Car is still a turbo 3.1l and needs to be re-tuned desprately. To bad my laptop decided it wanted to die on me a few weeks ago.

Put about 60 miles on it this weekend just screwing around. Car still held together, made cool boost noises (forgot what it sounded like.. haha). Can't be any more happy! Need to wheel it out here soon and re-tune it. Currently runs on $59 which is a modified version of $58 for the boosted 4.3 trucks.

Unfortunately my uploader is not working, but here is a current picture: http://www.imgur.com/a/AKrF4

Well the car has been a lot of fun and a great learning experience, but it is time to take it to the next level. Going with a turbo 4.8l/4l60e combo. Should be a fun build!

Those wheels look sweet on there! And I don't blame you on the going to the next level with an LS. If you can't beat em, join em lol
    Mike

Thread Information